Cook's Illustrated / online website subscription

1 not listedBoston, KY, United States Review updated:

Terrible or non-existent customer service. When notified of impending subscription renewal, there is no way to contact to company to request cancellation other than by phone during specific hours. SO inconvenient and not exactly 21st century friendly! Had to wait 12 minuted on hold to reach anyone and just a complete pain. Never again and will let friends know how awful the service is to deal with.

Re
Jan 11, 2016

Comments

• Ri
      13th of Nov, 2017

I am done with Cooks Illustrated. I was a big fan for years. I had a subscription to their magazine and later an on line. I have read how difficult it is to cancel. It is very sad this once great magazine and cook books have terrible customer service and deceptive billing practices. I have magazines going back to 2000 or earlier. I recently ordered 3 cook books. After receiving no shipping information, I sent email inquiry. The order was in process for 11 days. I did receive a reply, that a clerical error had been made. In 3 days the order went to in warehouse for shipping. Order remains in warehouse. I sent additional email. They mention a write off for. 2005. I did have one of their books they send with option to return. I had returned the book unopened. When it came to my attention that they was an unpaid invoice I called to tell them I had returned. They were nice and said it would be removed. It was. Now they are showing it and an addition book as unpaid invoices that were written off. I have had several pre paid orders since then. This never came up. I can barely remember this incident from 12 years ago. I am disappointed with Cooks Illustrated. Apparently I am not alone. There seem to be several unhappy people with Cooks Illustrated. I agree avoid.