Cooking Club of America / lifetime member account changed to scout.com

1 15990 OAK CTVICTORVILLE, CA, United States Review updated:

Elsie Vergara Life Time Member # [protected] Last Billing Date: 01/23/2013 Billing # LTCW2984 Customer # [protected] I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF COOKING CLUB OF AMIERICA, Member #[protected]. I paid all my dues, used to receive the magazines for free as a lifetime member as well as my choice of testing products. Now come to find out that the website no longer exist and it was changed to SCOUT.COM; which I have access to but I don't recall ever signing up with them, but my information from COOKING CLUB was transferred to SCOUT.COM, but the kicker is that I'm no longer a LIFETIME MEMBER, AND NOW i HAVE TO PAY MORE FEES IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. I am extremely disappointed with COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA, Now I know that this was a SCAM all along. If there was a way that I could get my money back from these "A*&%$#", I would, because I spend a total of $299.00 for a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP that I never got to use, because the magazines that I received, I had to pay for those SEPARATE from my LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT, because at the time I WAS NOT A FULL TIME MEMBER. And yes I got taken in by Scammers. There is no way to contact this company to find out what happened, If anyone out there has any information regarding this issue, please contact me via Email: EVERGARA2@YAHOO.COM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely, Elsie Vergara

Cooking Club of America
Cooking Club of America

Ro
Oct 10, 2015

Comments

• St
      23rd of Apr, 2016

I was also a lifetime member (2003) and not only of the cooking club but of the creative home arts club also. I recently moved and I tried to log in to both clubs to change my address, and it's like I don't exist. I would like my benefits from both clubs, but if they are not going to honor my lifetime benefits, that I paid for, I want my money back.
    cooking club# 20119738
    creative home arts club # 10036779

• Wa
      6th of Apr, 2017

I agree. They got $349 from me for a life time membership and never received anything worthwhile. What a scam this was. Wrote a complaint to the State of Minnesota's Attorney General but never heard anything from them.

• St
      28th of Jul, 2017

cooking club of american, contacted bbb but no response about cooking club of american. I also purchased a lifetime membership in 2008 and have no luck in trying to find out what happened to the lifetime membership.
    have not been about to contact the other company either, telephone number does not work. anyone else with any other help, and thanks for listening pat gee

18th of Nov, 2017

Hi i need to put my self back in please

18th of Nov, 2017

Hello what do i have to do to put my self in the club

Hi how are you

11th of Apr, 2018

I also a life time member Got Scammed. #20461521. Paid $349.00 and cannot get any response from anyone. Called 1-800 numbers. Tried to locate Mr. John Wilson V.P. Account services.Nothing. Betty Wray Executive Director Nothing. Anyone get a solution PLEASE respond. Pat.

• Mo
      19th of Apr, 2018

I paid my life membership in Cooking Club of America, the Garden Club, and the Craft Club and lost everything when SCOUT.COM took over. We all got ripped off.

• Mo
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Yes, I too became a lifetime member. Received my pots and pans and magazines for awhile. They stopped. I went to get on the website and up comes Scout. I don't even know what this! Pretty upset. Couldn't get ahold of anyone. Why isn't BBB doing anything???

• Al
      15th of May, 2018

I too have been scammed. Lifetime member since 1999. I never received any of the benefits that were advertised and feel wronged. Member #20038624 feels victimized and pissed.

• Ca
      30th of May, 2018

Hi I to am a Life Member #20219144 since May 2006. I have not received any magazines, nothing from kitchen. I spent enough money that I should have received gifts etc.
    I want to know what happened to the integrity of the company. I did enjoy this in beginning then nothing. Tell us why.

19th of Jun, 2018

I have also been a Life Member #20187224 since 2006 I was wondering why I have not been getting the magazine or items to test I did get my pans but only after I called and told them I wanted my money back I would love to have my $349.00 back I hope all these complaints can get us results . I have not received anything from them in years and have never heard of Scout.com this was a Big Scam that seems to have taken many people .

1st of Jul, 2018

I have been a Life Member since 2005 and now changed my address since last year 2018. I am shocked as to what has happened. I use to receive a Free Cookingclub Magizine nearly every month without fail. I truly loved them. Got magizines from Creative HomeArts as well. Received certain items to test etc. I did get my Free Membership stuff the apron, trivet etc. It's a shame this has happened. The least Management could do for ALL Members, reimburse the New Members and apologise to the Rest of us.

30th of Jul, 2018

@Pam T. I'm in total agreement.

30th of Jul, 2018

I've been a member ever since August of 2005 # 20197041 and like many of you I was scammed also...I did receive the pans, yet had to pay for the books. I want my money back.

• Vi
      8th of Sep, 2018

I guess we all have been, cause I don't get my Magazine and been with them since 2007. I was a lifetime member too. I think that we should get something back because we sent them money for a lifetime magazine. #20013669.