Consumer Portolio Services / Unlawful debt collection methods
Over the past year, I have been financially assisting my mother who has been (thankfully) undergoing successful cancer treatments. I had gotten a month behind in my car payment, and observed the following collection practices.(My experience was with Jay and Angie L at CPS)
-Calling family members prior to even being a month overdue.
-Calling family members and revealing account numbers, debt amount, and commenting that "I believe he is skipping out on his loan" to my aunt.
-Calling random extensions at my place of employment and leaving messages for these employees to give me messages
-Leaving messages for my cancer-ridden aunt harassing her, when she was not even on my list of references.
I was given the chance to setup a deferrment, which I agreed to. I setup the last months payment and the deferrment fee($50) as an automatic payment, postdated for payday. Come payday, the full payment of $357 was taken, but no deferrment fee. The next week I started receiving the same harassing phone calls, including calls threatening to reposess the car and garnish wages, and was very confused, as I believed I had been given a payment deferrment.
These folks are very close to scammers, and I would recommend recording EVERY SINGLE CALL you have with them, and do not recommend giving them any information, even if you are trying to be agreeable. These folks will lie to you, tell you that the notes in your account do not exist, and repeatedly call.
More Consumer Portolio Services Complaints & Reviews
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Harassing calls at work! 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Illegal collection tactics 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - They do not know what they are doing! 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Daily Harrassment and Threats! 
- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. - Bad auto loan 
- Consumer Portfolio Service - car loan 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Bad Business Practices 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Loans and Repossession 
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Worst lender there is
- Consumer Portfolio Services - Customer Service Reps