Consumer Portfolio Services Inc / Terrible service!

This is the WORST auto loan experience that I have ever had in my life. I have been cussed numerous times by these people, I have been told to "Shut my Beak", "get off my lazy ### and get a job, so that I can pay for my truck", " that I was ###", I have been off work twice this year due to back surgery and my wife was also off due to a hernia surgery and I had fallen behind, today I was called and told that I better pay the money that I owed them, which is only 1/2 of a payment and it will not be 30 days late for 7 more days or I will have my auto taken away, I could get it back by paying double payments, a $1000.00 fine and all late fees, this is after they had worked out me paying half two weeks ago and the other half later in Nov, these are the most unprofessional, rude, obnoxious people that I have ever come in contact with!! They have called my work and told other people that they were calling from the Legal Dept at CPS and that I had not paid my truck payment and that if I knew what was best for me that I would take their call,a lady named Ms. Brown has talked to me like a dog, a lady named Erica has done the same, everyone that I have had contact with in this company is RUDE!! I am seeking further action against them for slander and harassment!!!

Wc

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Nov, 2007

I got a loan from these people in July and have made all my payments on time. I called them today to ask about their increase on transaction fee for on-line payments and that I had thought going from $1.00 to $10.00 was a little ridiculous, so I asked for a address so I could instead mail the payment the one jerk I spoke to refused to give it to me and hung up on me, I called back and spoke to someone else this time a women she told me my payment would probably not get there in time if I mailed it (its the 13th payment not due until the 20th) there in phoenix and Im in new Mexico I should be fine, anyway she put me on hold and never came back than I heard a phone tone she had hung up on me too. I again called back and asked for a address from someone else who was again rude and not much help. I cant imagine how they treat people who are behind in payments. They are horrible in customer service. People should be aware of this auto loan company.

• Rc
      16th of Nov, 2007

These people need a taste of their own brutal medicine!!

On 11/13/07, I answered a telephone call at work from a man claiming to work at a towing company. This man was getting very rude with me telling me I owed some money for my vehicle and that I needed to get it paid! I tried to explain to the man that there was no way possible I owed any money, I had paid 2 months payment in a 1 month time frame. He rudely said, "Well I don't have it and "I'll just have a driver contact you in an hour", then he hung up on me!

On 11/14/07, I answered my cell phone to a man screaming at me! "Rebeka!" Where are you hiding that vehicle at!! I know your hiding it!! Where is it!? I want $500! I told him "WHAT are you talking about!!??" He said "Don't make me get the authority's involved!" Then I said "I don't know what your talking about" and hung up the phone! Immediately the cell phone begins to ring again, private call, I answer... and there is this man again yelling at me, "Where's the vehicle at Rebeka!" I told him "I'm not Rebeka and quit calling my phone"! He said ok Rebeka, I'm sending the authority's over and hung up on me!

11/15/07, Call comes into work about 9:30 - 10:AM, It's the same man from the towing company! I answer the phone and he said "Rebeka, where do you work at so I can come pick up the vehicle". At this point and time I wanted them to take it, even if I knew for a fact that I WAS NOT BEHIND AND DID NOT DESERVE A REPO. This man hunted me down and harassed me to the point that I felt like if I walked out of my own home that "ROCKO WOULD BE WAITING OUTSIDE TO BREAK BOTH OF MY LEGS!" I felt terrified! He told me, "I'll be there in an hour"! I went out to the parking lot, cleaned out my vehicle and removed my plate. How embarrassed I was to have to do this in front of several of my employees (by the way I over see the daily operations of a large property management company and we do NOT TREAT OUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS)! A half our later, I receive a phone call from a CPS rep wanting to extend and offer to me! She said "If you pay $82.00 you'll be alright." I said "WHAT!!!" "You have some crazy man calling me, screaming at me, harassing me to the point I was afraid to stay in my own home"! Now your telling me I owe you is $82.00!" I paid the $82.00 so that this would just end!! I can't believe I have to feel like I'm looking over my shoulder's in fear and thinking I just signed a loan with the frickin MOB!

• Li
      11th of Dec, 2007

This is the worst company I have dealt with! I can not believe I signed for a loan with them if I had known it was going to be like this I would have never done it. I have not been late on a payment but yet I am getting phone calls before my loan is even due and I am fed up with it. I have only had this loan 3 months but I will not spend the next 5 years like this. I have my vehicle financed through Professional and they have never treated me like this. If I can assist someone by warning them not to deal with this company then it is one person I feel Like I have saved.

31st of Dec, 2007

This is the loan company from hell this is the end of the year and I know that I owe these people but truly sometimes persons have genuine hardships in my case I had my grandmother which I am the caregiver and my sister to die all within a week apart from each other last month in November and these jerks have harrassed me 15 times today on my cell phone and left me nasty messages saying that they hope that 2008 isn't like this and I will always have trouble because I don't pay my bills. I have tried to work with them and get an extension and they said that they don't give extensions. They told me that they were going to report the vehicle stolen in their legal department and I told them to go ahead because how can you report something stolen that is financed and my vehicle is in the driveway and I'm not trying to hide it at this point if they get it I am not going to worry becauase they have called and threatened me everyday that I have been late and they already know the problem like the person before me when I paid on time they called and said this is a curteous call to let you know your payment is coming up and I told them I don't need any reminders and not to call me but they have called me every since Oct 2006 and I am planning on paying them off in Feb 2008 if I still have the vehicle because I cannot deal with these people from hell calling me and my family in different states and telling them I'm behind in my payments and that it doesn't have to be 120 days late for repo and I need to call them immediately to stop it from going to the legal department. Please anyone reading this make sure family and friends don't get a loan with these rude, lying, obnoxious loan sharks. If I had known it was going to be like this, I would had gotten a hooptie until I could pay cash for a car.

• Ba
      12th of Jan, 2008

i do not have a loan through this company, but my sister does. she lived with me for 5 months. these people called 3 to 4 times a day even when her bill was caught up. then she moved. i gave the company her new phone number more than 3x and they call my house 3 to 4 times daily and harass me. as i work night shift, i have a hard time getting back to sleep. i have told them many times that my sister moved. finally i got very angry with the company and told the CU#@ to quit calling my number and i hung up. she had nerve to call me back four times in a row and tell me then have my husband pay his bills! i am not even married. how dare she assume that this is my bill. they refuse to let me talk to a manager as i have no account with them. well i have turned them in to consumer affairs and plan on sueing them for harrassment. i beg every one else here to turn them in for harrassment and sue their pants off so they get their just rewards! harrassment is ILLEGAL.

• Wi
      13th of Jan, 2008

They've been sued plenty of times. Check this...

Scroll down to page 13 and read it for yourself.

I got a loan from them on 12/29/07. I may have a way out though because of problems with the dealership.
    I don't know if I'd rather get out of this deal now or wait until they try that BS with me and sue their corrupt little company. I'll have them on every news channel I can think of especially CNN, Dateline and whoever else will listen. Please get them!

• Cd
      16th of Jan, 2008

Wow. Wow is all I can say at this point! So far CPS has harrassed, lied, breached confidentiality,hung up in my face,lied,... the list goes on. We have only had this auto loan since October 2007, and I already feel like I am suffocating! I wish we would have NEVER went through CPS for ANYTHING. They call harrassing me, telling me they are going to come get my car etc. Well news for CPS... You are NOT above the law, and EVERY CONSUMER IS LEGALLY REQUIRED TO RECEIVE DUE PROCESS regarding any and all financial responsibilities. DUE PROCESS meaning they DO NOT have the right to harrass you, or REPOSSESS your vehicle without completing the processes required. Our vehicle loan was not even 30 days past due yet- and they were calling me DEMANDING that i pay more than my scheduled payment or they will come get my car. Im about ready to tell those ### to come get the damn thing already. My husband and I are NOT perfect. We are your average middle class family with two children and a mortgage. We went through CPS because our credit was "less than perfect" and they have hurt our credit so much more. No one WANTS to have bad credit. Companies like CPS make building your credit impossible. As far as Im concerned, NO vehicle is worth what CPS has put us through.

• Km
      23rd of Jan, 2008

This company is awful. My payment is due the 5th of the month. It is the 23rd. I told them exactly when I would be making the payment and yet they still call everyday! At least 3 times a day. When I ask why they call, I am told that unless I set up the payment with a post dated check, I will receive a call everyday until the payment is made. Never happened this way before. I asked when that changed and was told it hadn't. I then explained that I had spoken to someone yesterday and the day before, she tells me that is not noted on my account. So I said to please note the account that I would be making a payment by the 31st. She says "No, you agreed to the 25th" - GOTCHA! Do they actually think by calling me everyday, I will pay the payment sooner? I don't think so. How many people out there have the money to pay their bills and just don't do it? Is there anyone who likes to get harrassing calls? If I had the money, believe me they would be the first to get it. Even after that I get another call, private, I answer and all I hear is "Where is your vehicle stored?" I am not even 30 days past due. I had a screaming match with this lady, called the company back, received an even ruder (if possible) guy, who said I had to have the money in by 2pm. HELLO, am I the only one paying attention to the notes that HAVE TO BE on my file? Hung up with him, called the Customer Service department, not collections, and got the name and number for the VP (Sabrina Carroll-18003771586) of collections. She apologized profusely, and tried to tell me that they were not trained to handle customers in that fashion. If that was true, did they just have a run of bad luck with the people they hired. She told me she would take care of it and have a "talk" with the reps. How much you wanna bet I get a call tomorrow? There has only been one person that I have spoken too that has been remotely human, Spencer, bet he won't last long.

• Do
      24th of Jan, 2008

CPS has called my work telling them that it is a medical emergency from surgery to get me to talk to them on the phone. I have been dealing with this since October 2004. They are the rudest, SOB on earth. And if you ever get behind, there late charges are out of this world. The day the payment is due, they call me at least 5 times, my mother 2 times, my sister 3 times and my work 5 times. When I was late I have told them to come get the DA** thing because I was tired of dealing with them.

• Ap
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I have to agree 100%. This loan service is really bad.. If your payment is due on the 1st and it's not there on the 1st by 5pm they are starting to call you already. In one days time they call the house at 8:01am, 1:00, 5:00 & 8:59pm. My Work at 8:30, 10:00 & 4:15. My Cell at 8:05, 12:30 & 5:20. THAT'S 15 TIMES in ONE DAY. Then if I fall behind 15 days behind they start calling my work, on top of the 3 calls asking for me, asking what the physical address is, is there room for a tow truck to get in there, & is there a van in the parking lot.. They send faxes to my work on the PUBLIC fax machine for ALL to see.. and they start calling my referances.. Come on already I can see if I was over 60 days or something but lets get real..

I can talk to them on a Monday and set up a payment date for that coming up Friday and they will still call EVERYDAY that week.. So I just stop answering the phone to them.. What good does it do to talk to them just to tell them the same thing and lesson to rude voices and put me in a bad mood the rest of the day..

If you can get a different loan company to finance you DO SO...

• Ka
      1st of Mar, 2008

THIS COMPANY HAS CALLED MY REALTOR AND LEFT A MESSAGES " THAT THERE COMING FOR THE CAR" I PAID MY CAR PAYMENT WHICH WAS 402.13 FOR THAT MONTH. I SENT THEM 403. THEY CALLED UP MY REALTOR AND TOLD HIM I STILL OWE 20 DOLLARS AND IF I DONT PAY THEM. THERE COMING FOR THE CAR. I HAVE NEVER PUT MY REALTOR NUMBER ON ANY APP OR EVEN GAVE THEM HIS NUMBER. WE SHOULD START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE AGAINIST THIS COMPANY.

• Te
      1st of Mar, 2008

knew this company was full of it as I got closer to paying my car loan off. The closer I got the more trouble they gave me for any reason. They continuously harrassed me, my family and friends. Their customer service representatives receive an F for their part in this business. Consumer Portfolio Services are is a company which operates off of consumer's feeling and emotions. They cannot talk to you without trying to get you upset and worried. If you do not argue back and forth with them they will actually get upset because they are mad and you are not.

They have deceived and lied to get money from me and I said before the closer I got the worser they get. They added another three months to my 48 month contract in order to more money. They then repo'd my car without notification that they were going to do so. I paid the balance they claimed I owed and guess what! No answer at all from them. My car is sitting in storage and they will return any of my calls. I have plans for them though. I cannot get my title or my car from the bleeding thieves. It takes a very special person to work as one of their customer service representatives because they have to be trained as if they are pitbulls going to fight in a pit. But this time they messed with the wrong target.

I have caught them in so many lies and excuses til' finally they started hanging up on me! Imagine that. Even the people at the repo company wants to now what the problem is because they are ready to give me my car! But they are anxious to see what happens because thay have never!never! never! witnessed CPS actually give a car back to the owner. When I called to find out where my paperwork was they claimed that I had never spoke with anyone about this situation at all. I smell a lawsuit cooking! I asked them if they ever had a chance to read the rip-off section on their company, they claim they don't know what it is. Yeah Right! I did remind them that God doesn't like ugly and what goes around comes around.

Tee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    U.S.A.

6th of Mar, 2008

OMG! I really feel for you people. I have never answered a call from them and thank God I didn't or I'd have hung up on them after cussing them out. Yes they call me everyday at home and work at least once a week. I told my work to tell them I was fired because they wouldn't quit calling me. I have written correspondence to that one address one there, but that didn't do any good. I also told them if they didn't like the payment schedule I have to work with, then change my due date. They can come get the damn thing. I'll just get a clunker...

First of all I was overcharged for a 2007 Taurus that is really only worth $12,000. I can't believe CPS actually approved a loan for something that wasn't even worth that much. My payments are out of this world, more than my mortgage. A dealer I took it to said they screwed me and I should take the car back to them and tell them they did me wrong. Right! Then I would be getting calls everyday to pay the balance off... wish I never bought that car. But I've been looking for more complaints on CPS and thank god I found them. There has to be someone who can help us all with this company... Any legal weasels out there wanting to sue these creeps? I'm in! Any comments?

• Ba
      12th of Mar, 2008

I WOULD LIKE FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN WRONGED BY
    CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES,INC. TO TAKE THE TIME AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB AND STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE OF CALIFORNIA ONLINE.
    THE ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR YOUR COMPLAINT ARE AS FOLLOWS:

CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES,INC.
    16355 Laguna Canyon Road
    Irvine, California 92618

PHONE NUMBER : 949-753-6800

• Ms
      23rd of Apr, 2008

CPS, is the most unprofessional specialty finance company I've every dealt with. I had no problems until they took over for a previous loan company, my car note was set up to come out in bi-weekly payments, CPS continued to call me every month day in and day our regarding my payment, I told them if they did not uphold the previous agreement with the previous finance company they should send me something in writing to amend the agreement they never did but the calls never stopped, they began to call me after I sent them a statement in writing, I had a part-time job as well which they began to call and harrass my manager they began cursing at her and harrassed her and myself so bad we had to call the Eastlake Police Department to file a complaint. I never missed a payment nor was I late, everyone that I spoke to there was rude and had no telephone etiquette. They repoed the car and sent a letter stating they sold it for $2800.00 now 3 years later they are asking for $4, 800.00 They took a car where the payments were never dilenquent. How's that?

• Da
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Consumer Portfolio Services Inc - Collections
    Consumer Portfolio Services Inc
    Nashua
    New Hampshire

This company is in business to call your place of employment to the point where it puts your job in jeopardy. My wife has a loan with them and they called her at work before her payment which was not late and to tell he it was coming up. Thanks for the heads up Seargent Brown. Luckily her company managers have no tolerance for harrassing calls and support her 100%. Mrs. Brown or probably Miss Brown should have a judgement against her from being 10 feet from a phone in general. They faxed her HR departmet for empoyee verification and left a message that she will be doing this regularly???????????????? What is that? Anyone who goes for a first time or poor credit loan should inquire that they don't use CPS. They thrteatened repo one week after the payment was due. Again. WHAT??????????????

• B
      3rd of May, 2008

I have a car financed thru CPS and it is not 30 days late til the 12th of next month-my husband got a call yesterday at work from a "ms.harris" she said we had to pay that day by 4pm.when my husband told her that wasnt possible, she stated "where is the car located?" my husband told her that he didnt have to tell her & she said 'fine i am reporting the car stolen"-well i am a collector by profession-i called CPS talked to a supposed manager he stated all calls are recorded and he would take care of it-he also said they started the repo process on may 1st now granted the payment is not 30 days late-i have never seen or heard anybody like these people and they break the fair debt collection act every phone call.

• Ze
      9th of May, 2008

I have called CPS for my husband regarding his payment and was meet with the rudest most unprofessional woman, which by the way was a recovery Manager. I did not appreciate the way she talked to me nor the way she inclined that my husband and I could not afford the vehicle and gave us a deadline of 2pm to pay the car note. I tried to explain to her that he doesn't get off till 2pm and would need a couple of hours to get the payment in. She responded with a long lecture and asked me how many miles my vehicle has on it, was an a**hole! They refuse to give me corporates number to report their rude behavior and she had the nerve to tell me that she would take action because I was harassing her because I asked for corporates number. If anyone goes to a dealership and is researching financing centers, please by pass the awful place. It not worth the headache and frustration! I will be reporting them to the better business bureau.

14th of May, 2008

This company is the worst..everything that I have read we have gone through too! They will call whoever they can and harrass them, hang up on them, and threaten you when you are not even late. The faster you can get out from under this company, the better. If you can trade in the car for a different company, take the chance and Run! Do some research on the new company first..you could go from bad to worse..if that is even possible with this company..I can think of another company that is JUST like this..it's called Credit Acceptance..RUN...

• Sh
      23rd of May, 2008

I have had my car financed with this company for the past 5 years. They are the most unprofessional people I have ever spoken to. I deferred my car payment 2x in 5 years and because of hurricanes and being laid off. My last payment would have been due in 03/08 but then it increased to 05/08. I overnighted my paid in full cashiers check to them on FRiday and they received it monday. Some CS rep called me a week later and started harrassing me. I told him I already sent your company my payoff and he didn't believe me. I said I just got off the phone with your payoff dept in CA and they show received and he said well did you get a name and I said no and he said "dont you think that would have been a good idea" OMG I went off. I told him to contact that dept if you don't believe and if he calls my number again I will personally drive down to your call center and beat your [censored]ing a$$. Please stay away from this company. They need to be shut down.