Conns / 52& samsung

1 Plano, TX, United States Review updated:

To whom it may concern,

I wanted to inform you of my recent experience at the Conns location in Plano Texas.

I had made a previous purchase from this location from a salesman named Chris Cherry. It was for a Toshiba 46" LCD tv and was the "last one in their stock" in March of 2007. Even though I bought it with the understanding that it was new in the box, it had been previously open and used. When I got it home, it had a noticable squeal from the unit so I contacted Chris the following day. Since the store didn't have another one, I decided that the best course was to get a refund. I took it back and received a full refund (after a minor amount of grief from the store manager Casey Rucker). I felt, at that point, that Conn's had stood by their product and put the customer ahead of making a quick dollar.

On March 6th, 2008, I referred my future father-in-law to Conns when he moved here from Alabama and needed a new television for his living room. We again used Chris Cherry and the Plano location for this purchase and he bought a 52" Samsung LCD tv and paid over $2000.00. Once again it was the last one in stock. This was a brand new house that he moved into and had no way of installing the tv or testing it until the 8th of march when Dish Network was scheduled to professionally install it. It stayed in the factory sealed box until this happened. As soon as the representative from Dish hooked it up it was apparent that it was defective right out of the box(again). Doug (father-in-law) called the store right away and talked to Chris and Casey Rucker who told him that there was nothing that they could do and that he needed to contact Samsung to get it repaired. The following day we took the tv back to the store for an exchange or a refund, and after talking to the store manager (Casey Rucker), discovered was not an option unless we wanted to pay about $300.00. I left Chris Cherry a voicemail which went unanswered.

I work for a retail car audio electronics company that is nationwide and understand what is going on. You have a commisioned based company that does not want to have to take a $2000.00 dollar hit. The salesman doesn't care because he has got his cut. The store manager doesn't care because he saved a $2000.00 refund from his daily/monthly goal. I would think as a company though someone should "step up" to a higher standard and realize that in the long run this will do nothing but hurt Conns reputation and longevity in the marketplace. Currently, as the way it sits, I, nor Doug, will EVER do business whith Conns again and will discourage anyone from doing the same. Please return my e-mail or call me and make me feel good about your "Award Winning Service".

Sincerely,

Ted Hill

Comments

6th of Aug, 2009

Always pay with a credit card and have them to hook up the TV on site and NEVER sign anything period or you may be signing away your rights to return anything to them. If they refuse to hook it up on site, time to shop another store.