Conn's / customer service

1 P.O. Box 2358Beaumont, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-634-7118

I purcahsed a Poulan Pro Rototiller on 3/30/08. The second time I used it the drive shaft in the transmission broke. Conn's said I had to take it 60 miles to their service center. Poulan Pro told me to take it 5 miles to one of their authorized service centers.
The PP service center stated it had a defective drive shaft and would cost more to repair than replace. They gave me a written statement to give to Conn's so I could get an exchange. Conn's stated their mechanic had to make a decision.
Conn's took the tiller on 5/20/o8. as of 7/8/08 they still haven't had time to look at it. The store manager in white settlement, TX states he cannot do anything for me until they look at it. I asked if he could call someone to see what the delay was. He said he could not and that he has 4 refrigerators in the same limbo.

I have repeatedly called Conn's service center and complaint center. The complaints center puts you on hold without asking and then transfers you from person to person. The final transfer was a recording stating that the service center was now closed. It was amazing.
Their sign says award winning customer service. Who gave these people an award.
I googled Conn's Customer service to find a better number and found this web site. The complaints I read were the same story.
I do not recomend using Conn's at all.

La
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2009

I purchased a new 18, 000 BTU air conditioner from Conns. We used it around three and a half weeks when it started making a terrible sound and just shut off. I called and three days later a technician came. They did not call me to tell me a window of time (I had to call them). When the guy came he said the unit needed a new compressor and he would order the part. I called a few day later and the customer service rep said that the part was on back order for several weeks so they were trying to get approval to give us a new air conditioner, and they'd call back . So another five days go by and then I call again. Now they have approved a new unit so all we need to do is go to the store and pick one out. (Plus bring the old unit back ourselves.) So we get to the store and the store manager says it's still waiting for approval sitting on a manager's desk. So my husband speaks to someone who tells him as soon as its approved they will send someone to our house to pick up the old unit and deliver and install it free of charge. We did have a warranty after all. I wait another week : now a manager says the service rep we had spoken to before does not remember saying that they would deliver and install for free and they will not be delivering anything. We need to go to the store and pick up the new unit ourselves. They say this was approved three weeks ago.
    Plus they don't make our unit anymore so we have to get a more expensive unit and pay the difference. So now we have been without air for a month and we will have to pay or a more expensive unit and pay someone to install the unit again. Conn's is the worst store and has the worst customer service ever!!! They really conned us alright!!

• Jz
      16th of Apr, 2010

purchased a steam washer and dryer from conns 3/25/10. On 4/11 the spin cycle stopped working correctly so we called LG and they told us 4 days to come out to look at it. Called Gary the mager at conns grapevine tx location where we purchaes and explained to him that a 2-3 week old $1000 appliance should not malfunction after 14-20 days and that LG was VERY UNHELPFUL. He said as it was Sunday he would take care of it Monday and call me back OF COURSE THAT NEVER HAPPENED. After many calls to the store I reached him and was give the old ### "was just about to call you". He explaine d that he had talekd to a regional manager and that service dept would call me the nest morning (tues) THAT NEVER HAPPENED. My wife then took over this and called Gary many times at the store until finally reaching him. He as normal pawned it off on everyone else saying some crap about the service manger and regional manger know all about it and would call us. THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Needless to say my wife left SEVERAL SEVERAL SEVERAL messages (all in a nice manner) without a single returned call. Now 5 days later we are still dicking with this ###. I HATE CONNS and will NEVER buy anything from them again. In fact I hope those ### go out of business. OH!!! But the way they WILL NOT take the washer back under there return policy (NO WHERE DOES IT STATE this is an exempt item or anything else) Conns MAKES UP RULES AND POLICIES AS THEY GO>! I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and the FTC as well.

• Je
      12th of Nov, 2008

Purchased Whirlpool Refrigerator.
    When brought home and opened, noticed damage. Called store several times to speak to a Manager only to have a message taken and my calls NOT returned. It has been 12 days and no response or action has been taken!
    Conn's Customer Service is Horrible and I would NOT reccomend anyone purchasing from them. Once you leave the store, they are done.
    I had also just purchased a Microwave, Stove and Dishwasher from them. I will not be a repeat customer again!

Jennifer

• Mi
      30th of Jul, 2008
    Conn's - credit and customer service
    322 Juniper Dr.
    Corpus Christi
    Texas
    Phone: 361-939-7000

This is the worst company I have EVER done business with. I will never shop at Conn's and neither will I buy a Whirlpool product. They have NO concern for my satisfaction and they LIE about when they will service my product.

• Le
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I waited for 2 weeks for a service repair person to come and fix my big screen television. I normally buy my appliance from Best Buy and Circuit City, and have always received service repair within a matter of few days (3 days max). I hate I brought this big screen tv from Conn's. Never, Never, Never again will I step foot in a Conn's again. Almost planned on buying a 46" tv for Christmas from Conn's, glad I got this awakening. Back to Best Buy. To get back to the service repair guy he came out and had no parts, claim he had to order it, waited another 2 week. This is crazy. Never, Never, Never again Conn's. You lost an electronic spending freak who spends extremely good money on electronics. Hello Best Buy and the Reward Zone, I am back.

• Sh
      10th of Jan, 2009

I cannot tell you the hell I have been through since establishing an accout with Conn's. At one point, I thought I was being television on that show "You Got Punked". The automated person you hear when your old hold most professional then those who supposedly have trained. I can't believe my eyes and to know that there are so many others with similar experiences. Just recently, I was told I could pick my items up at the store and several minutes later, I got phone call saying I would have to drive out toward the ship channel where the warehouse. When you live in Sugarland, driving that far makes you feel like your going out of town. In regards to your complaint, As I was standing outside the warehouse waiting on my merchandise, I noticed on the pick of slipp (in fine print of course) that if the customer does not fully inspect the merchandise before leaving the warehouse with the merchandise, Conn's will not replace or repair your products. Now imagine how many people standing in line has the ability to check each and every item that the warehouse had already prepacked. Its not feasible to think all customers can do this; its time consuming and would be required unpacking and repacking. They put that statement there to avoid law suits. 49243

• Lu
      6th of Feb, 2009

I have had the same experience as the comment above.

We have a $2700 TV that we purchased from Conn's that needs repair. They could not get out any sooner than 2 weeks.

When I phoned for service, I was told that I would recieve a call from the technician by 9:30 in the morning to be provided a 2 hour window. I never recieved a phone call. I phoned service at 2PM and was told between 3 - 5. The service was closer to the end of that window.

We a had a lot of issues when they delievered our TV and fridge as well. They scratched up my fridge and I had to have a new one brought out. They also tore up the bricked front porch and their customer service never returned my phone call to fix it. I finally got a call 100+ days later, after we paid to fix it ourselves.

I will never shop at Conn's again. I should have known better than to purchase anything from a company called "Conn's." Best Buy has a customer for life.

• Pe
      11th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a refrigerator, stove and microwave and was promised delivery on 3-11-2009.
    when I didn't hear from them I called them at 10:30 AM and was told that I wasn't scheduled until 3-15-2009.
    I feel that they don't have very good communication between departments.
    Very disappointed in their business dealings with customers.

Peter J. Coladipietro
    Venus, TX

• Al
      24th of Apr, 2009

I purchased a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator in November. The door made a tapping sound when it closed. Your techncians came to fix it several times. They even lied and said thats the way the new refrigerators sounds, when they couldn't fix it . All the time they knew It needed a new door. The first tech that came out said I need a new dooor. It cost me a lot of time and money. I know I had at least five service apointments for the same thing. Sometimes I waited and the tech never showed up, or called. Other times they would come and put on a silly part that they new wasn't going to fix the problem. I finally got tired of waisting my time and money and called whirlpool. They came out, took one look at the problem and said, its the door. Whrilpool ordered me a new door and fixed the problem. I'm glad someone stands behind their product. However I think Conns Stinks.

Altha Ingram
    Dallas Tx

• Ta
      27th of Jul, 2009

I HATE THIS COMPANY! CONN'S HAS THE WORST CUST SVC DEPT I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH. I PURCHASED TWO ITEMS FROM THEM THAT HAD TO BE FINANCED. BOTH ACCOUNTS WERE PAID IN FULL IN MARCH 2009. HERE IT IS JULY 2009 THEY ARE STILL CALLING AND WRITING ME FOR A PAYMENT. SENT MY ACCOUNT TO COLLECTIONS. MY CREDIT IS SCARRED DUE TO CONN'S. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Bi
      16th of Apr, 2010

3 yrs ago, I bought a new KENMORE washer and dryer from SEARS and the first (small) load took more than 90 mins to dry. I called SEARS (only ONE phone call) and they sent out a technician first thing next morning and he found out that our dryer vent was clogged, the dryer was perfect. He was right when we had the dryer vent and hose cleaned out a couple of days later! 3 yrs later, both washer and dryer are working like new!
    That is Fantastic service. Recently, My brother-in-law bought a new fridge from SEARS and upon delivery, he did not like it, something to do with the way it sat in his remodelled kitchen. He went back to Sears, picked out another one, they delivered it in 2 days and removed the previous one and all it cost him was $50 delivery and pick-up charges! CONN'S WHO?!!!

• Er
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Sunday-Bought TV (LED) with bracket, was told by saleslady she was new. There were 2 TV's in the back with wall mounts. Signed contract. Came back, no TV's in stock, not even the brackets. Must wait until Tuesday for another delivery. Saleslady to call by noon. No call Tuesady. I called around 7pm. No TV's as of yet. I just opened an account to get additional discounts as advertised. Joey, the manager stated that no discounts were allowed as he had converse with his district manager. Asked for his name and ph. number, was not in that day. Then how was Joey stating he had just talked to him? What a ;lousy company. I will close this account asap.

• Er
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Your sales persons are not completely honest.
    But I got the hint they are trained that way.
    They have a ready response to whatever the situation calls for.
    My account will be close asap.

• Ro
      17th of Mar, 2011

Ew, I wouldn't want a returned mattress, either. Did you READ their return policy? Oh, no, of course not.

• Ka
      21st of Mar, 2011

Dear Conn’s customer,
    We would like to apologize for the experience you have had with our company and would like to help resolve your complaint for you. Please contact us at:
    1-877-358-1252 or via the web at http://support.conns.com
    Conn’s customer support

• Sh
      21st of Apr, 2011

I bought an air conditioning unit from them along with an extended warranty and they sure "Conned" me too. They came and picked up the unit and had it in their warehouse for a full month "repairing" it. Then they would make a date for delivery and not show up or even call. So finally they show up, install it, turn it on and it makes this horrible grinding noise and smells like it's burning. I tell the guys that it's not repaired, but they wouldn't take it back to their warehouse. They just left it. So, not only have I been without air conditioning for a month, but they brought it back MORE broken than when it left! After they left, the until finally crapped out and wouldn't even turn on. I call and tell them this, so they decide to send a third party repairman out. He says that it is completely broke and it would cost the price of TWO new units to repair this one, so he says he is going to report that to Conn's and see what they wanted to do. So, I call to see what they are doing about it, they say I "refused service" (at this point, I am literally crying because I didn't refuse service and it is so hot in my house, chocolate is melting) so they want to send ANOTHER guy out. This guy comes to the same conclusion ("YUP it's broken!" DUHHHH it won't even TURN ON!) and they STILL haven't given me a new one, which is what my warranty says! They should have given me a new one from the beginning, but they are lazy and do not care at ALL about their customers. So, I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau. I might even file a lawsuit against them, because this is just ridiculous! Anyone who has problems with Conn's (and I'm sure you do, because they have the worst customer service in HISTORY) I would suggest doing the same, because no matter how patient you are or how long you wait, THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND WILL NOT HELP YOU OUT! It takes a lot to get me THIS pissed off...I am making it my mission for the rest of my life to put them out of business...I am telling everyone I know this story and I am warning people that they should buy from Best Buy instead. I have NEVER had a problem with Best Buy. Maybe Conn's should take some pointers from them and actually do what they say they are going to do. So thanks for being complete and total ###S Conn's and prepare for war, because you shouldn't be allowed to deal with people, let alone be in business anymore...

• Ri
      17th of Mar, 2011

My wife and I purchased a queen size mattress. I have slept on the mattress two nights. Both mornings, when I woke up, I had a lot of back pain. When I called the store and customer service line, they told me they can't take returns on mattresses. So even though I am unable to sleep on the mattress, they will do nothing for me. This is very bad customer service. They should be concerned that customers are happy with their product and especially if their product is causing health problems. This is unacceptable customer service. On my receipt it says, "Conn's, Award Winning Service, Since 1890." But the only part of that you should pay attention to is the first part, because that is obviously what they are, deemed by their level of customer complaints, and obviously there quality of products. Take my advice and shop somewhere more expensive but where you will get better products and customer service from people that care about their customers.

28th of Dec, 2013

wow, is what i keep thinking...bought 3 samsung t.v's from conns, salesman was promised great service plan for accidents, i thought yea sounds good and paid extra. first time of my life needed it broke the lcd screen accident...called service, they came out...we can fix it...still waiting... this is a back in forth thing parts on the truck, no its not, the store salesman says buy accident coverage if u break it we will replace it or fix it...they got me on the "fix it"...still waiting...best buy has 14day warranty to fix or replace.

20th of Dec, 2014

Have been a 15 year customer. Purchased a lap top. It was defective. Tried to return it. They would not take it it back after 1 day. they said it had to go back to the manufacturer. The manufacturer said take it back to the store. The store would not take it back. Total Mickey Mouse operation. The manufacturer finally took it back, a three week process before I had a lap top that worked. DO NOT PURCHASE ELECTRONICS FROM CONNS, THEY DO NOT BACK IT UP. I will never purchase anything from them again. Their "Easy" credit terms get you in there, but their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. A major company that will not return a product. I also purchase a LG refrigerator 2 years ago. Funny story. I could not get Conns to come out and fix it correctly. The LG customer service told me to call them, NOT CONNS, that Conns repair was horrible. I should have learned. Anyway, I purchase $10, 000 a year in electronics, never again from "Conns artists". I just furnished my new home from Best Buy, they did a great job.

• Li
      27th of Jun, 2009
    Conn's - Scammers
    Conn's
    conns.com

My daughter stayed here briefly in the summer of 2007. She apparently gave Conn's our phone number. I had so many calls from them, after she moved out, that I finally got an unpublished number. They found the new number and have started calling me again. I do not owe this company anything and I want this stopped.