Compass Bank / Will Not Honor Thier Customer's Checks
My mother wrote me a check for my birthday. Long story short... I wanted to cash the check & was near the bank it was written on. I went into Compass Bank, the bank the check was written on. I handed the cashier the check & my driver's license. She told me that I would have to pay a $7.50 fee to cash the check because I did not have a bank account at Compass. I told her I banked at another bank & would not pay them $7.50 to honor a check written by one of their customers. I told her I had a check written to me that was to be drawn from their institution & I wanted her to honor that check. She refused unless I paid the fee. I did not cash the check. I refuse to give Compass Bank a dime to honor their customer's checks.
It is time that we, as consumers stand together & let the banking industry know that we are not going to put up with their extortion methods any longer.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - FROZEN ACCOUNT 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Non-sufficient Funds Charges 
- Compass Bank - Holding deposits to generate NSF fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Excessive NSF fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - Crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass - my cd account
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - atm
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - my checking account/debit card
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - terrible compatibility with intuit mint
- BBVA Bancomer - corporate business account