Compass Bank / Fraud

I recently went to Compass and deposited $150 into my account. After having made that deposit, I made a charge to pay my cell phone payment.

They then assessed numerous NSF fees to my account and said it was because I made the deposit after the "cut off". I pushed for when they processed the credits and they will only say "before the cut off" which turns out is between when the bank opens and 3pm. Business hours.

They post debits in real time and then only post credits during business hours. The customer service was also very rude about the whole matter!!

Despite having receipts for the credit, which came before the debit, also have a receipt for that, they would not reverse the charges.

My account never even showed going negative after all the NSF fees. Positive before the deposit, and positive after the debit and fees. But yet I got numerous fees. How are you NSF if you keep a positive balance and put money in before you spend it?

I am referring the matter to the District Attorney's office for the state of Texas.

AVOID COMPASS BANK!!

Va

Comments

• Ga
      20th of Oct, 2008

The exact same thing has happened to me many many times. Recently, I inquired on the phone before hand to see when the deposit I had made the day before would clear. I was told by one of their customer service reps, Yuvicia, that it would post at midnight, no ifs ands or buts. Well, it didn't. I used my card the next day, and got hit with 7 NSF charges. Further more, when I told them that I had called to inquire about the charges, I was told that they had no record of the call, and since all their calls are monitored, the call didn't take place. Sabrina Tisher, of the Arizona call center was the lovely CSR who saw it fit to numerously call out my integrity, by saying I never made the call, or the follow up a couple days later, but she also offered such gems of advice such as "You shouldn't spend money unless you have it in your account". Needless to say, this sent me through the roof. I have already forwarded the information about it to the Better Business Bureau, and I have the call records to prove the calls were in fact made, even if they "lost" them on their end. I would really like to try and gather some feedback for more people, and possibly pursue a class action lawsuit. I have already spoken to a lawyer, and he said their practices were unethical, and if they in fact deleted the phone records proving their guilt, and my innocence, it would constitute fraud. I would really like to stick it to these guys, since they obviously have it coming to them.