Compass Bank / Fraud
I recently went to Compass and deposited $150 into my account. After having made that deposit, I made a charge to pay my cell phone payment.
They then assessed numerous NSF fees to my account and said it was because I made the deposit after the "cut off". I pushed for when they processed the credits and they will only say "before the cut off" which turns out is between when the bank opens and 3pm. Business hours.
They post debits in real time and then only post credits during business hours. The customer service was also very rude about the whole matter!!
Despite having receipts for the credit, which came before the debit, also have a receipt for that, they would not reverse the charges.
My account never even showed going negative after all the NSF fees. Positive before the deposit, and positive after the debit and fees. But yet I got numerous fees. How are you NSF if you keep a positive balance and put money in before you spend it?
I am referring the matter to the District Attorney's office for the state of Texas.
AVOID COMPASS BANK!!
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - FROZEN ACCOUNT 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Non-sufficient Funds Charges 
- Compass Bank - Holding deposits to generate NSF fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - Excessive NSF fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - Crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - poor customer service and bad practices
- BBVA Compass - my cd account
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - atm
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - my checking account/debit card
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - terrible compatibility with intuit mint