Commerce Bank / excessive overdraft fees

1 4720 Margaretta Ave, St Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3143812288

Why is it that the banks are still chargeing overdraft fees when there is a lawsuit pending for this very same complaint. The bank even charges when you have items in dispute. Is this legal?

Comments

• Sh
      5th of Jan, 2011

The only time it illegal is if your charge is less than 5.00 and it is only 1 time. you cant just go out and spend money you dont have without reprocutions.

• Ba
      8th of Jan, 2011

You all are like robots. The same things come out of your mouths, saying, "Don't spend money you don't have." Most people don't, it's very difficult to determine if you have money when the banks manipulate when the charges actually come out of your account. Say, for instance, I had a balance of $94.58 on 1-5-11. I purchased Subway 1-4-11 for $7.07, Fazoli's 1-5-11 for $7.60 and Gas 1-6-11 for $20.01. All of these charges were on my online statement 1-6-11, BUT not in the right order. They were largest to smallest...Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure I went to Subway 2 days before getting gas, and Fazoli's 1 day before getting gas...STRANGE, all 3 show up on 1-6-11 in completely opposite order of when they were purchased!!! Nevermind 1-2 days later. Still, my balance as of 11:45pm according to the online bank site was $59.90. Great, now, the kicker, no other charges were on the site, showing I had POSITIVE BALANCE with NO**** Pending transactions! O wait, low and behold, a surprise charge showed up on 1-7-11 for $189.00. But wait a second, the charge is NOW on 1-6-11, and not only that, it is number 1 in line BEFORE the $20.01 charge and the other lesser charges. WHERE WAS THIS SECRET CHARGE ON 1-6-11??!!! IT WASN'T! It posted after midnight according to the statement online. So now I have an overdraft, O Wait, not one BUT 4!!! How is this possible??? Well, like you jack---es, I shouldn't spend money I don't have. Ok, fair enough, I'll take one overdraft for the $189.00 charge since it technically posted on 1-7-11. My fault, I'll accept responsiblity, but I DON'T DESERVE 4. All 3 of the charges were before the $189.00 charge, therefore, the overdraft should only be on the one CHARGE of $189.00. Now, I ask all you perfect people that never have anything like this happen, does this sound fair or do you have some STUPID STATEMENT of how "I" messed up and should receive 4 OD's???? I hope the banks take every dime of you heartless, nieve, perfect bankers.

• Po
      8th of Jan, 2011

Banks are shady, why don't you keep a record of your transactions in your checkbook registry? Then there would be no "surprise "withdrawals from your account. Good records are very important!

• Sh
      17th of Jan, 2011

I learned math in 1st and 2nd grade. I usually can add up what I spend and figure out IF I HAVE MONEY.