Commerce Bank / small business online banking

1 Saint Louis, MO, United States

I am a small business account holder with Commerce Bank, and my account was closed in November of 2018 as the company is no longer operating actively. When the account was closed, I spoke with three different customer service representatives to discuss ways to close the account and ensure that access to the transaction information would be accessible for tax purposes at the end of the year. It is now January of 2019 and I have logged on to our online banking account and attempted to access the necessary tax information as instructed. My account is not able to be accessed, so I called customer service yet again. Two customer service representatives spoke with me on the phone for over forty five minutes to tell me that neither of them could help and that I have to go into a branch. When I asked why this was not communicated in the beginning when I informed them of my concerns, the representatives both lacked empathy and basic communication skills. Neither individual took responsibility for the lack of communication or understanding, and neither individual worked with me to ensure that efforts of customer service were displayed. This company lacks the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, shows no concerns for their customer's needs, and is incapable of supporting their customers through routine challenges.

Hy