ComEd / unauthorized debit charge

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I had made a payment to ComEd through my bank's Online Bill Pay. Which sends them the money electronically, if unable then they mail them a check. I did this to avoid the $3.50 charge from making payment over the phone. They denied the electronic payment from my bank and then charged to my account including the $3.50 charge. So now I am left with 2 charges from ComEd and none of the customer service reps can handle the mental capacity of what is going on to assist me. I had to go through my bank to claim a dispute based on an unauthorized charge to my account. Still is inconvenient and ComEd is probably the worst merchant I pay monthly.

Fl

Comments

• De
      30th of Sep, 2009

COM ED is a MONOPOLY and NOONE in ILLINOIS can see it!!
    The polititians are too busy getting bribes to see what Com Ed is doing to its consumers. We can complain all we want, but NOTHING will be done and we cant choose another electric company because there isnt one!!
    COM ED SUCKS!

• Tu
      10th of Oct, 2009

i've got a good one i was shut off in march '09 i went on their payment plan i lost my job & missed 2 payments along w/ what i owed for the monthly bill i went to ceda to get help only after calling ceda to check the status of my application i was told that i had to make a good faith effort payment of$75 so i had to borrow the money to do it then i had to go to the ceda office so they could fax the reciept a week later i was told that i approved for $1, 183 i called com ed the next day to see when my power would be back on & i was told that ceda did try to make a payment but it was rejected b/c it wasn't the full amount($1, 985)why would they turn down that much money in this economy????i've been w/o power for over 2 months now and i was told that i can't go on another payment plan until nov.and to make matters worse my downstairs neighbors informed the city(I live in a suburb right outside of the city)that we were w/o power & the city put up a no occupancy notice & 1 last thing it used to be that com(or should i say con)ed couldn't shut you off from nov.15th-march or april 15th but i was told by their rep that if the daily temp is above 35 degrees they can shut you off i hope that i can help someone else out before they go through what my family & i have been through GOOD LUCK &GOD BLESS YOU