Comcast.net / overcharged/poor product

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

I signed up for Comcast internet at one of these kiosks in the mall and was told it would cost $25.00 a month for 6 months as their introductory offer. Well instead I was paying $43.00. The saleswoman lied to me just to get me to sign up because I told her I was going to sign up for Qwest because they had a special running at the time. Anyways, then my service was constantly interupted and continuous problems they kept reconfiguring my modem etc. When I did try to talk to a tech or a person I would be connected to some non-english pakistani that I would have to ask to repeat what they just said to me. Finally I just stopped paying them, returned the modem and they are threatening me for a $149.00 balance. The McAffe product they provide for free "sucks" and the home page videos rarely play through without stopping. Never again will I do business with this rip-off, lying, poor service of a company again

Comments

• St
      11th of May, 2009

I absolutely hate the AOL Internet Service. It is slow and difficult to maneuver through. Comast, you are ruining a good thing. The same holds true with the "Blue Zone" or "Comcast Zone." You are going to lose a lot of customers if you don't go back to the way you used to do business.

• Th
      3rd of Aug, 2009

These people owe me a refund for unnecessary charges.
    They said I paid for abook that I didn't recieve. So I want every refund that they charge me. Including the bank charges of every $35 that my account was overdrawn. My confirmation number is 080309-10891395 and I want my membership withdrawal.

Ms Theresa D. Davis

• Pa
      22nd of Oct, 2010

COMCAST BILLED ME FOR AN "UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT'--SUPPOSEDLY UNRETURNED

Billed for an equipment that supposedly was not returned. In fact, it was not only returned, but picked-up by a Comcast technician.I kept calling and telling Comcast that I had returned it but still, my bill was sent to a collection agency, who obviously ignored the proof that I sent them about the return of the equipment. In the end, I payed so I the debt collector would stop calling and sending me letters of collection. I needed to move on with my life. I also didn't want my credit score ruined.

Bottom line is, I got cheated of $150 by Comcast. This is just totally wrong!!! There is no justification for this.

• Li
      3rd of Nov, 2010
    Comcast.net - Stay away as far as possible
    Comcast.net
    comcast.net

When the web page loads you start looking at the headlines then the whole #@$#@!!! page shifts down jerkiing you eyballs out of their sockest so that Comcast can tell you they are going to change their page.

• De
      6th of Jun, 2012

I also signed up for Comcast Internet and Cable. It has been six months and it is still not working right. I was told I needed a new modem, which I purchase. Then they said it was my router and I got a new one. Then it was the speed (the speed was the same as my DSL and I had never had issues with that) and I upgraded. I have had at least 7 tech appointments and today, after waiting around for several hours, I was told that the automatic dialer had called and left a message and since I didn't get the call, the tech skipped me. I called them thirty minutes into the window to ask when they might be by since I had told them when I set it up that I needed to leave right afterward. They said they couldn't call anyone, it's a big secret. Evidently, according to them, the automated call went out a few minutes later. I have been glued to the phone for almost four hours. There are no missed calls or messages on my phone, either the main recorder or the backup. They confirmed the appointment two times. And they still didn't get it right. I am a single mom, kid in college, and work for myself so when I stuck here waiting for Comcast, I am not making any money. I live in a rural area with no other affordable options or I would be out of here even though I have so much invested in all their upgraded equipment I had to buy. We're powerless and they know it.