Comcast / triple play scam!

If Comcast was to be rated 1-10 with 10 being the highest, they have earned a 0. That's right, Comcast gets a Big... zero. Comcast was scheduled originally to set up my Triple Play July 17, 2007. On the third attempt (August 23, 2007) all thiree services (cable TV, Internet and digital voice) were set up - with the exception of digital voice. Digital voice was connected but the service was waiting to transfer from AT&T.

After speaking to an AT&T representative (September 20, 2007) I was informed that our phone service with AT&T was disconnected on August 21,2007. This is only important to point out the deception by Comcast.

In short, the $99 per month triple play service jumped to $312.98 due to some very mysterious charges. After speaking to Comcast, the charges were lowered to $104.75.

Comcast's billing is very confusing, their customer service is still a BIG 0.

Comments

• Wa
      22nd of Sep, 2007

Your complaint doesn't say why you got rescheduled and they did correct your billing account so not sure why you are complaining

• Ca
      9th of Jan, 2008

In order to transfer your service from one company to another you have to go through what's called third party verification. Reason for this is companies used to do what is called slamming .. where they would switch your service w/o notifying you to another company. Now if you do not complete the tpv in time the company that is trying to get your number can't .. and your order will continue to be resch. until you do it. For your billing complaint if you were a new customer getting all three service your first billing statement will have 1 to 2months worth of service charges on it.. depending on your billing cycle and it will have your installtion fees on it.. that is why you got a bill for over $300... b/c the package price of 99 plus equipment and tax plus your installation and activation fees.. it is all itemized on your bill.. it will show you the charges for each service and the dates you were billed.

• Ol
      14th of Jun, 2011

Unfortunately I cannot agree enough with the op. I was promised promotions from Comcast for signing up for the infinity package, 2 year agreement and autopay. They have now called me twice on past due payments that they did not take from my bank. To add insult to injury they informed me that I don't qualify for the promotions since my account was past due. Ironic since the auto pay was a condition of the promotion. Hey they did tell me after the fact that it might take a couple of months for autopay to start up. This company has no service, ethics or shortly my money.