Collect Pros / debt collection scam

PO box 4133, Woburn, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1*877*439*1825

I received a letter today stating that this company was contacting me to collect a debt of $365.75. I was given 3 options for paying the debt, by internet, phone or mail using the form at the end of the pink notice. I was also told that in order to dispute the debt I only had 3 days and it needed to be in writing or it would be invalid, otherwise the debt would be considered valid and further actions would be taken and a copy of judgement would be mailed to me. Nowhere in the body of the letter was the business that I owed mentioned or the type of debt it was. I did notice at the top right side of the letter that the overdue balance was for US Weekly Magazine. I have never ordered US Weekly Magazine nor have I received a copy of this magazine. This letter is a scam and I am really mad that it has been sent to me. How can we stop these scam robbers? Beware out there everyone.

Collect Pros

La
May 12, 2015

Comments

• Ka
      14th of May, 2015

I received the same letter. I have never in my life ordered a magazine from this company. I tried to call but only recd an automated voice. thank you for posting that this is a scam, I had a feeling that it was and now it is confirmed!

• Tr
      19th of May, 2015

I received the exact letter. What do I do next.? And why is this still going on.

• Te
      21st of May, 2015

Got the same letter and tried to call the number listed, followed the prompts and when I selected 3 to speak with a live person, I got disconnected. Tried again, same thing. Then, looked up Collect Pros and found all the other people who received the same letter for delinquent magazine payments for exactly the same amount as I did. As my husband said, for every honest person, there has to be at least 10 dishonest persons out there!! I'm beginning to agree with him!

• Ga
      22nd of May, 2015

I got the same letter! When I called them I got a recording but it did offer an option to speak to an agent. I was on hold a long time, but finally got to speak to "John" with a foreign accent. He told me to submit a dispute "in writing" in the next 30 days or the debt would be valid. The letter says I owe $332.50 for a magazine I never ordered or received. This is a scam! Nobody would spend that much money for a subscription to Entertainment Weekly magazine! I plan to contact the Attorney General about this scam!