Collect Pros / collection notice

1 United States

I just got a letter from them myself for 299.95 for US WEEKLY. I looked them up online and it says I purchased a subscription through the phone with a company called 'LEVY 9 MAGAZINE CONSULTING.' but when I looked up the company Levy 9 all I found was Levy 9 Car Consulting. This is what it says on the BBB for Collect Pros:

The website domains collectpros.com and gscmcollections.com are registered to Santrinico Enterprises Ltd. in Larnaca, Cyprus. The Republic of Cyprus is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/reno/business-reviews/collection-agencies/collect-pros-in-carson-city-nv-90017305#sthash.nRExl3St.dpuf

Since I couldn't find anything on Levy 9 Magazine Consulting I decided to all US Weekly's customer service and they told me that tis company is a SCAM. Apparently they are aware that Collector Pros is sending notices out in their name and they assured me that I have no pending debt with this magazine. Also they asked me to forward them a copy of the letter I got int he mail because they are currently having legal investigate the company.

So anyone who gets a letter saying you owe for US WEEKLY magazine send them an email at usweekly@customersvc.com with a scanned copy of the letter you received and let them know what's going on. Also I went to the CP website and disputed the charge which led to a page saying they would ot pursue the debt any longer. I guess now it's time to play the waiting game and see what happens.

Cr