Coles Woy Woy / needle prick received from coles scourer

1 D1 Railway Street, Woy Woy, Australia

On 9th february 2019 at approx 9.30 saturday evening, I sent my son down to coles woy woy to get some groceries for me. One of those items was a coles brand scorer. When he arrived home I proceeded to unpack and open the scorer packet to commence washing up. There was nothing except water in the kitchen sink. I put my hand in the water and grabbed the sponge only to be jabbed by a needle. As I took the scorer out I discovered a needed was in the middle part of the scorer sticking out.
The pain was unbearable.
My brother went straight down to the coles woy woy to inform them what had happened. He took the scourer and showed them photos of my finger. My hand swelled up immediately as it had gone in through the tip of my finger to just above my first joint.
The following day I went to my local doctor to receive treatment for this as I was feeling very anxious as to whether I have or will contract anything from this needle prick.

I went and spoke to the manager of coles woy woy, filled out an incident report and showed him my finger. He was at that stage quite understanding and said that he would immediately inform the relevant people.
I am yet to hear from anyone to follow up this dangerous situation. The scorers are still on the shelf. No one has rung to see how I am.
I have been a loyal customer of woy woy coles for the past 20 years. Spending at least $200 a week on groceries. I am so disappointed in how this has been handled.
I would be screaming from the rooftop if this was my younger son who had put his hand in the sink. Im not one bit happy about this. The public need to be made aware of this and if you don't inform them, I will.

Me