Coles / telstra mobile smart phone - 5 inch screen
On Wednesday evening (25/04/2018) these phones were on display at the cigarette counter in the Coles store in Lava Street, Warrnambool, with a yellow sale ticket attached to one box with the price of $59-00. I asked some questions about the phone and to read about the phone on the box, two customer service women assisted me and when I was satisfied it was the product I wanted I agreed to purchase it.
When one woman scanned it to the cash register it came up as $89-00, she consulted with the other woman who took the yellow sale tag to the manager. She returned and told me they could not sell me the phone because the sale had ended last Saturday (21/04/2018) and they could not sell the Telstra phone at the sale price. She tore up the sale tag.
I was taken aback and very disappointed, I felt sorry for the women who were very apologetic for the situation. I have since reflected upon the event and researched Australian Consumer Law for such matters and decided to submit this complaint.
What happened was wrong and unacceptable, I would like something done to rectify the situation. I have shopped regularly at 2 of the Warrnambool Coles for many years.
More Coles Complaints & Reviews
- Coles Supermarkets - bullying and harassment at work 
- Coles Supermarkets - sms's to phone 
- Coles Supermarkets - moldy butter (jeffs unsalted butter) 
- Coles Supermarkets - abuse 
- Coles Supermarkets - lamb with sweet spiced anglo-indian sauce 
- Coles Supermarkets - lamb racks
- Coles Supermarkets - the new stickers that you are giving away.
- Coles Supermarkets - lack of registers open on a daily basis
- Coles Supermarkets - online shopping and billing
- Coles Supermarkets - mobile phone recharge voucher