Coles Supermarkets

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 by

sms's to phone

3.15
Good morning, recently I have received some sms'`s to my mobile saying I have won a coles gift card. They then leave me a hot mail address to claim the prize. When trying these hotmail addresses they are invalid.Over the last month I would have to say I have had half a dozan or so, when trying to reply straight to the sms there is no return number it just says coles. Is this some sort
of scam or dose coles do this? below are two of the hot mail addresses
http://Coles.smsgfc.com and http://go.ingtello.com/ts456-sms-coles-bb-au
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country Australia Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I just got one of these text messages. Very strange I don't often shop at Coles. I have screen shotted it and blocked the sender.
N  29th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Trish KS Definitely a scam as it SMS states we have issued a Cole's voucher to your account???? what account it is sure as hell not my Fly Buys account.
Just mark as spam on your Mobile Phone. I have has 2 of these they just want you to get further scammed or get a Trojan or virus on your device.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I never gave Coles my phone number. Must be scam, therefore I will spam and block it.
A  22nd of Sep, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I have just received one also. I have deleted the message. Thanks for the warning.
A  26th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
How do you block these messages?
A  26th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
I also rec'd a text informing me that a Coles gift card had been issued to my account. My phone Nos are registered on the DO NOT CALL REGISTER and I do not shop at Coles. When is the Communication Minister going to take action against these Company's that continually bombard the public with their promotions. I note that there is not a link to unsubscribe from their data base !!! so I can't tell them to nick off. (I am being polite)
A  30th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Just Blockl/Blacklist the number, then delete the message from your phone :-)
N  2nd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
To whom it may concern. Just received a msg saying that Coles has issued a Coles gift card to my account. I don't shop at Coles. I think this must be a scam or something. so I have deleted the msg from my mobile.
N  3rd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
These are phishing scams and have nothing to do with Coles, apart from using their name. Forward the sms to SCAMwatch on 0429 999 888 and let them track these criminals down.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree