Coles Supermarkets / moldy butter (jeffs unsalted butter)
Purchased 8X250g of Jeffs Unsalted butter from Coles Caroline Springs in Victoria Australia with BBD 15/06/18 on 01/02/18.
Used 4 blocks to make a cake and when had the cake in oven, started cleaning and found there were black Spots (Probably Mold) on the wraps.
Checked all four wraps and all of them had mold on it, as I purchased 8 and there were other four which I was going to use for butter cream, I opened them and found all had mold on it.
Very lucky that we found out as the cake was supposed to be used for a family get together and everyone could have fallen sick.
Had to throw away the cake wasting all ingredients and wasted 4 hours of labour in making the cake. Had to buy a cake from the shop next morning.
Went back to the store and they gave refund for butter. Asked them to lodge a complaint but they said they cannot help at this point please leave your details and someone will call me in the morning. They took the wraps and the 4 blocks of butter.
Didn't get a call yet so filing complaint here as this is very serious and need to be sorted out. I think there should be a product withdrawal or recall as I could still see the same butter on the shelves when I went to the Coles this morning and someone could get seriously sick.
I need to know why this has happened and what corrective action the company is taking to ensure that their product is safe in future.
Looking for you quick response or will escalate the matter further with food regulatories
Please feel free to contact me if you need more details
Munish Khosla, +[protected], firstname.lastname@example.org
More Coles Supermarkets Complaints & Reviews
- Coles Supermarkets - sms's to phone 
- Coles Supermarkets - bullying and harassment at work 
- Coles Supermarkets - lamb with sweet spiced anglo-indian sauce 
- Coles Supermarkets - abuse 
- Coles - staff saying f-word to customer 
- Coles Supermarkets - ticket placement for the sales on coca-cola
- Coles Supermarkets - coles cat meat pouches
- Coles - service complaint
- Coles Supermarkets - coles brand lite soy milk 
- Coles Supermarkets - notification of stating I am a winner of $1000 coles credit card