Coles Supermarkets / moldy butter (jeffs unsalted butter)

Feb 2, 2018
Caroline Springs
Purchased 8X250g of Jeffs Unsalted butter from Coles Caroline Springs in Victoria Australia with BBD 15/06/18 on 01/02/18.
Used 4 blocks to make a cake and when had the cake in oven, started cleaning and found there were black Spots (Probably Mold) on the wraps.
Checked all four wraps and all of them had mold on it, as I purchased 8 and there were other four which I was going to use for butter cream, I opened them and found all had mold on it.

Very lucky that we found out as the cake was supposed to be used for a family get together and everyone could have fallen sick.

Had to throw away the cake wasting all ingredients and wasted 4 hours of labour in making the cake. Had to buy a cake from the shop next morning.

Went back to the store and they gave refund for butter. Asked them to lodge a complaint but they said they cannot help at this point please leave your details and someone will call me in the morning. They took the wraps and the 4 blocks of butter.
Didn't get a call yet so filing complaint here as this is very serious and need to be sorted out. I think there should be a product withdrawal or recall as I could still see the same butter on the shelves when I went to the Coles this morning and someone could get seriously sick.
I need to know why this has happened and what corrective action the company is taking to ensure that their product is safe in future.
Looking for you quick response or will escalate the matter further with food regulatories
Please feel free to contact me if you need more details
Munish Khosla, +[protected], munishkhosla@yahoo.com

Coles SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes SupermarketsColes Supermarkets

A  11th of Feb, 2018 by
Coles quality control failed big way. Rancid butter was put on the shelves to poison the customers. I am one of the shopper exposed to Coles product, purchased on 07/02/18 - best before 14/06/18.
Court class action exposed customers well warranted.
N  14th of Mar, 2018 by
@Hjszur I have just opened my 250gm pack of Jeff's Unsalted Butter (#7346 with BB 12/06/2018) purchased from Coles Online (Western Australia) and it too is rancid. It tastes like the worst sour milk you could imagine.
N  16th of Mar, 2018 by
I also purchased 2 x 250 grams of Jeffs Butter from Coles at Engadine with best before 16/6/18. When I went to cook with it today I found it mouldy under the silver packaging. Disgusting considering what is going on with a Rockmelons causing deaths.
I can't find the receipt for my purchase. So can't take it back to the store.
There must be a breakdown in sterile operation in the production or at the point of sale where the butter has been in and out of refrigeration.
Not happy Coles. No wonder I mainly shop at Aldi after this episode I will not share my custom.
This needs to be forwarded to the Health Department.
Some people are allergic to mould and it can kill.

Please do something about the matter please Coles Management.

Coles Supermarkets Logo Coles Supermarkets