Club Sunsetcorrupt tactics

In August, my wife went to Mexico for our 25th anniversary via an offer from a promotion company to stay at a resort for a much reduced price if we agreed to a time share presentation. We started our presentation by meeting our sales person, Ana Romero, for breakfast at one of the resorts.
Ana was a very pleasant and friendly young lady whose bubbly personality immediately changed when we informed her that we would be glad to take the tour but we were in no way interested in purchasing since we already own 2 time shares. Ana, her demeanor now show disappointment and disgust, went and chatted with who I assume were representatives of the Club Sunset. Upon her return, she said that we had to options; not do the tour which was her preference because she could then get another prospect, but we would have to pay for our stay. The other option was to continue with the tour which was our choice.
After touring a couple of their resorts we went to a sales area where the sales pitch began. We, again, informed Ana that we had no intention to buy and the only way we would even consider buying was if they bought our 2 time shares. Ana called over who I assumed was a sales manager named Novelo. He acted as if he would reluctantly purchase our time shares. He got the name of the resorts and the approximate amount we owed and left. When he came back he said Club Sunset would purchase the time shares and if they could not sell them, then they would donate them to a charity for tax benefits. He said he would pay $16000.00 for one of them and $6, 000.00 for the other. I asked how he got how much we owe since we didn’t have the account numbers, and he stated that they work with a company that can get that information. Since we did not have the account numbers and the address to which payments needed to be sent, he said we could send it to them at a later date.
There were a lot of pages to be signed and initialed. The Member Purchase Contract had no statements regarding the paying off of our time shares. However, the Membership Verification Form did in 2 separate locations.
On page 2 Item 19, “Are trading in any other membership that you own in another resort, as part of this agreement NO, if YES : resort name____________________.” On the blank line we wrote the name of one of our time shares.
On page 3, item 25, “Name the reasons why you decided to purchase today.
______________________________________________.” On the blank line we wrote, “AGREEMENT TO PAYOFF MY 2 TIME SHARES.”
Over the past 2 weeks, I have sent 3-4 emails to Club Sunset regarding them paying off my time shares and have received no response. Today, I called the customer service number to inquire and the gentleman said that there was no stipulation for Club Sunset to purchase our time shares in the contract. I asserted that it was stipulated on page 2 item 19 and page 3 item 25. He said that item 19 on page 2 was blank, to which I replied that’s impossible because I have the document in front of me and it definitely had my time share written on the line. I then asked about my reason for purchasing which was on page 3. He alluded to the fact that the Membership Verification Form was more like a survey and not a contract even though it was signed by me and my wife and a representative of Club sunset and each item was also initialed by me and my wife.
The down payment as stated in the contract was $6650.00, but our credit card was charged $8833.34.
I believe my wife and I were defrauded by this company not to mention the fact they were continuously serving me alcohol while trying to persuade me to make the purchase.

I have since filed a complaint with my state attorney general office. I then get a call from Robert Montealegre from Sunset World stating he will be my contact and will be working on my complaint. He asks me to send him a copy of the documents I referenced and he would call me back. I emailed the documents and he never called back. I later get the following email from Sharlene Chavaje Castro.

⌂ Home
👤 ALLAN
⚙ Help

Press ? for keyboard shortcuts.

Member Services [protected])
Jan 22 at 12:13 PM

Dear Mr. ALLAN PHILLIP THOMPSON

My name is Sharlene Chavaje, your case has been transferred to me, I am the person in charge to communicate you that the
committee had a meeting regarding your case, and in order for us to comply the trade in you need to present the Equity Check,
and the Value Trade form with a letter signed by the Sunset Group Legal Atourney, stating that the company will be responsible
for the benefits and obligations that you have with those memberships.
Unfortunately if you dont have those we cannot do anything to help you, we have the original verification form, an there is not any
document to endorse what you are statting.

I invite you to review the verification form one more time, as for clause number 15th this is what it clearly states

15.We Understand and Acknowledges that NO other representations, whether oral or
written, are valid or binding. The Membership Purchase Agreement, represent the sole
agreement between the parties.

We also acknowledge that you have added inappropriate information to your contract (Diamond Resorts International), this is not acceptable by Sunset Group,
due to the fact that there has to be a Verification Legal Officer verifying the information on your contract.

I await for the documents (urgent notice)

Today I replied to her email with the following.

⌂ Home
👤 ALLAN
⚙ Help

Press ? for keyboard shortcuts.

Member Services [protected])
Jan 22 at 12:13 PM

Dear Mr. ALLAN PHILLIP THOMPSON

for the benefits and obligations that you have with those memberships.
document to endorse what you are statting.

agreement between the parties.

I await for the documents (urgent notice)

Sharlene Chavaje Castro.

Membership Services

Atencion a Membresias [protected]@sunsetworld.net

USA/CAN: [protected]
MEX: [protected]
OTHER COUNTRIES:
+[protected] 0988EXT.6456

Si desea consultar nuestro Aviso de Privacidad, se encuentra a su disposición en nuestra página web www.sunsetworld.net

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More
Today at 11:59 AM
Sharlene,

All I can say from this point forward is I am an honest person that was lied and scammed by your company.

You say I, " ...have added inappropriate information to your contract (Diamond Resorts International)...", please explain how that is is inappropriate when question 19 on the Membership Verification Form asks the specific question, "19. Are you trading in any other membership that you own in another resort, as a part of
this agreement NO, if YES : RESORT NAME", and I answer the question by writing in Diamond Resorts International. If you say that your copy is blank then it was switched after I sign the document because I wrote that in the day we made the purchase which was witnessed by Ana Romero and if she says otherwise she is flat out lying. If you have this page with question 19 blank, I want a copy of it to verify my initials.

Does question 25, "Name the reasons why you decide to purchase today." which I also answered on the date of purchase by writing in, "agreement to pay off my two timeshares." mean nothing? It is a signed document which was signed by me, my wife and a member of your organization.

Bottom line, I know what was said and what I agreed to in writing and as far as I'm concerned the Membership Verification form is part of the purchase contract since it was signed by both parties and if you have something different than what I have it's because someone in your company changed the documents I signed and I consider that as fraud.

I should have taken the advise of all the people who had posted on the internet that this was a dishonest company that has lied, taken money and not lived up to their word. I for one will do what I can to ensure more people do not fall prey to your corrupt tactics.

Your company reflects poorly on Cancun, your people and your country. You should be ashamed of the way in which you do business.

My advise...Stay away from Club Sunset, Sunset World, Sunset Royale, Sunset Lagoon, Sunset Hacienda, Ana Romero (Sales Person) and any marketing arm of this company

Ph