Citimortgage.com / fraudulent

Citifinancial Mortgage Company Inc lost/misapplied my March 2008 payment. I received a letter saying I was 25 days past due. I called them, got someone who did NOT speak English, explained to them that I made the payment, it cleared my bank and I could provide them a copy of my check, front and back to prove it. I spoke to a supervisor named Dave who said I should fax it to [protected]. I did just that 1st thing the next morning. I then started getting annoying phone calls all hours of the evening/night from the collections dept. I re-explained the situation (feels like a million times) and each time was promised they would look into it. Each time I spoke to a different representative, I requested that notes be added to my account so everyone would know that the problem was being worked on. After two weeks of no resolution and TONS of phone calls, I spoke to a supervisor named Brigitte who had me fax the same documentation AGAIN to [protected]. Once again, I got a bunch of BS promises that were never fulfilled. I then spoke to another representative that gave me a different fax number to send my info to [protected] and that conversation was followed up by a letter requesting the same info. On it was an actual name of a person (surprise). When I called the phone number on the letter, it turned out to be an "invalid number". I faxed in my documentation proving the payment was made a total of 10 times, I have spoken to more people than I can count and yet I can't get a SINGLE person at Citifinancial to do their job. Meanwhile I am getting threatening letters stating they will foreclose, they will accelerate the loan, my credit is being affected AND to add insult to injury, they have my money and I have done NOTHING wrong. Citifinancial is a fraudulent company that is probably to blame for the so-called home foreclosure crisis. If they are doing this to me, they are doing it to others. Someone needs to do something about this!!!

Va

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Er
      21st of Aug, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me.
    Only difference is they bought my loan from a different company!!
    They are horrible to deal with and continue to promise and never deliver. They do not care about their customers at all.

• Le
      31st of Aug, 2008

Citi Mortgage has charge me over $900.00 in deliquency fees, posted my bill as nonpaid, changed the number to my account, raised my percentage rate from 7% to 10% with re-negotiating my contract. I know I need a mortgage lawyer to sue them. If anyone reading this can help, please send me an email. I will be filing and calling to complain about this company. We need a class action against them.
    Leila Elkins