CitiMortgage / dishonest

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Citimortgage is either an extremely inept company with terrible customer service or thieves. I sent them $30, 000 to apply to my mortgage. they removed the money from my bank account the day they got the check. A month later I got my mortgage payment and no mention of the money I sent. When I called to find out why, they told me to prove I sent the money with a canceled check. After I did, they applied it to my mortgage the day they got my proof, but they kept the months worth of interest I paid on my own money even after I complained. Plus, they charge me $500 to refinance my mortgage but never sent the paper work. That was 2 months ago. I have also applied to have my PMI ended, but they are stalling on that too. I get to pay for more PMI even though I jumped through all of their hoops.
Their customer service is a joke. Good luck getting someone who can speak English and answer a question or fix anything.

I would be in terrible trouble if I was late on a payment, but they seem to do anything they want and get away with it.

El

Comments

• Be
      2nd of Dec, 2008

thats cause they get their hand slapped by the ots.treas.gov. the smae people that handed them $45billion in one month for breaking RESPA laws. If we could only find an honest lawyer to get some of the money back

• De
      10th of Feb, 2009

I agree, since I have been with them, my escrow has been short ( SO they say, such liars) twice, since 1 year ago my payment is now 40 dollars more a month...I know its not a huge jump, but there has been NO change in my insurance or property taxes..BEWARE people...I am looking into refinancing through a reputable company, does one exist??