CitiMortgage / payment system

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I fell behind on my payments in October because I was unemployed for more than 2 years. I finally got a job in late September but no sooner did I start the new job than Citimortgage raised my payments $300 a month, claiming I needed more money in the escrow fund. I am now more than 2 months behind but attempted to make a partial payment to show that I'm trying to pay and get caught up. But Citimortgage rejected the payment--I either pay everything I owe or I can't pay anything. This will just snowball. Let me pay what I can; let me catch up. I've filed for a loan modification but after reading many other complaints, I'm afraid of what they'll do next. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Be
      18th of Dec, 2010

Go to your city and county to see how much your taxes are exactly. You also need to find out how much your home owners insurance is. When you get the figures, added them together and divide by 12. You should have gotten the tax card yourself. Also you insurance statement. The bank cannot calculate these for you without you having them first. My mortgage company ripped me off too. I am in foreclosure and I am in the process of moving by Dec. 29. If you do this then you will know how much is suppose to be escrow. Did they say you came up short for taxes? You can pay your own taxes too. Just send them a copy of the receipt.