CitiMortgage / mortgage threats

1 NH, United States Review updated:

Citibank bought out my mtg from abn amro. due to 50 % income loss for my husband & 100% for me we are now 2 1/2 mos behind on our mtg. For months now I have been trying to get to the HUD program & they sent me the papers they told me would take care of it. It was not a hud program but one of citibanks. They are charging me horrible late charges & this recent letter stated : pay the entire late balance & all associated fees by 5/31/09 or you must pay the mtg in full ???????????? Oh my god the place is a nightmare the people speak little english . They make no notes when you call & none of them know anything at all. If asking for a supervisor they never get one fro you. BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Na
      16th of Jul, 2009

My mortgage also was bought out from ABN Amro. This is what I went through. You have to be tough with them. I am still struggling with them, but there are some helpful hints in here as far as getting supervisors and such. I am on the phone with Citimortgage right now. I had applied for a loan modification. Was turned down and then they apparently approved me without notification so when my payments arrived they just put them in Unapplied funds. I just found out by accident they hadn't applied them. I have spent 2 hours today getting my funds reapplied correctly and my late fee waived and making sure that they didn't affect my credit report. It has been a 6 month nightmare dealing with them. It has ben so bad that I put my entire phone log from Jan 29 to June 10th I believe up on the CNN mortgage blog. And I have about another page more of phone numbers. Make sure each time you talk with someone you ask for their ID number. At least then you know who told you what. I also make it very clear every time I talk to them and take their ID that I have been keeping a log and posting it on the CNN site. Just insist on a supervisor and keep taking names. Eventually you do get one. You have to be downright sarcastic but it does work. I've spoken to 3 just today. Finally they have fixed thsi months payment but I am not optimistic about not going through this every month from here on out. Keep a log of every phone call and what was said, time, date, name of employee and ID. I don't know how I am going to get someones attention at Citimortgage but I am going to try to get someones name that I can report this to along with finding a banking commission or someone else that oversees them. There has to be someone!