CitiMortgage / house fire didn't stop payment now in foreclosure

1 Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

My house burned on Feb 1 2009, Called insurance company, citimortgage. According to insurance company and Citimortgage my mortgage payment would stop until final inspection to move back in. I finially got my first 1/3 of insurance money which of cousre as you know has to go to Citimortgage, to start the rebuilding of my 80% loss of my house. I hired contractor and 1 month into rebuilding I get a letter from Citimortgage that my house is going into foreclosure the sell date is March 3rd. Now they have froze all insurance money and tell me I need 20, 000 dollars to catch up my mortgage or it will be sold. I was told by citimortgage that claims department didn't tell the finance department that my house burned and now I cant get an answer from anyone not even the Lawyer Citimortgage told me to call. So please tell me what I'm suppose to do they still have my money to rebuild and won't even talk to me.

Comments

• Au
      4th of Jun, 2010

Get yourself a GOOD lawyer. CitiMortgage isn't going to help if you dont have someone on your side that can force their hand.