Citifinancial Retail Services / They closed my account!!!

United States, Arizona, Tempe Review updated:
Citifnancial Retail Services
PO Box 22060
Phone: 1-800-643-5607
I have had my Citifnancial retail account for nearly a year and a half now. Honestly, my payments are ALWAYS on time and much more than the minimum due. My FICO score was 612 until TODAY. Today I decided to apply for a lousy $179 extension for credit with Citifinancial, because I wanted to purchase a normally priced $1399.00 dinette set or te awesome total of $679.46. My current available credit with Citifinancial is $509, so I only needed my credit extended in the amount of $179.00 total. Of course I was DENIED!!! When I returned home, I called the toll-free customer service number & they made me aware that they closed my account as of TODAY because my FICO credit score. The economy is so low right now, Citifinancial goes & does this to me WITHOUT warning, they couldn't even give me a chance by extending my credit. So, it leads me to say this: THERE IS NO WONDER WHY CRIME GOES ON!!!

A  20th of Oct, 2009 by
I purchased furnature 2 week ago - cleared for approval. I found out today that this was not the case - the amount was not reflected on my balance due and that my account had been closed 6 weeks ago without notification. Why? I was told the criteria had been changed for credit worthiness. Ok - except I was only 35% balance to limit AND I had made all payments in a timely manner. So (I ask you) HOW do I face the merchant? WHAT do I do with the furniture that has been sitting in my living room for 2 weeks? The shame is that my mortgage is with Citifinancial and I have an installment loan with Citifinancial. What an embarassment...What agency can I turn to for support?

CitiFinancial Servicing Logo CitiFinancial Servicing