Citicard / excessive charges and no answers

P.O. Box 44180Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-750-7453

Back in March of this year, I had a $59 payment due to CitiCard. I paid it one day late. I was charged excessive fees and then owed $250+. I visited their web site and asked why and was told that after the payment was late you are charged an additional 1/48 of your balance. My balance was a little less than $2000, so I informed them of that. They told me that there were other extra charges. I tried to find out what they were and they told me they were in the user agreement. I said, "Where are the fees that pertain to these charges in the user agreement?" They couldn't and wouldn't answer. I haven't paid it since March and have turned the card over to a debt settlement agency, so CitiCard turned the debt over to a law office who is demanding I pay $3, 062. Crooks!

Comments

Br
  14th of Oct, 2008
Az
  30th of Oct, 2008
Bruce --
I know how it feels. But you can't just NOT pay CitiBank, or any other legitimate bill, without serious consequences. Especially now when we are in the worst financial crisis our country has been through in almost 80 years.

If I were in your shoes, I would try to find a debt relief agency that will help me make payments to Citibank, and other creditors so I don't have further credit problems. It's tough, but you can't cut your nose off to spite your face, when dealing with credit issues.

Be a man, take a deep breath, and take care of things!