Citi Mortgage / Nationstar Mortgagepoor customer service

1. I received a mail from my original mortgage lender-Citi Mortgage at the beginning of November, which stated they sold my mortgage to Nationstar and I will be contaced by my new lender. None of the terms will change.

2. I did not receive any official written document from Nationstar un to Nov 10th. I only received a phone call from Nationstar customer service rep. who was trying to persuade me to make phoe payment only. With so many fraud, Nationstar does not seem to understand it is not a good way to start business with NEW customer.

3. I later went on Nationstar web site to verify details and realize that there will be some convenience charge if I agreed the phone charge during previous phone call. With the grace period expiration day (11/16) approaching, I immediately check into on-line payment options on Nationstar site.

3. The payment options are confusing. Under Payment opiotn of "Auto-Pay Direct Debit", it links directly to Western Union site. However, when I checked FAQ section to make sure no convenience charge involved, the setup method of the same "Auto-Pay Direct Debit" becomes -printing the form and send to Nationstar Attn: ACH Processing. Confused by the 2 different direct draft payment directions, I called Nationstar customer service to get clarified. Unfortunately, I called twice but none of the reps can answer my question. The first rep. thinks the convenience charge will be waived if I setup recurring payment through western union link under "Auto-Pay Direct Debit". The 2nd rep. insisted to follow the mailing method, which will take 30 days to get setup and the grace period will end on 16th, which is only 6 days away from today.

4. It is understable that Mortgage firms will purchase and sell debits to each other regularly. However, this transaction is really sloppy-there is no consideration of customers. My Nov bill was issued by Citi Mortgage, but Nationstar stated that the payment shall be made to them while offering confusing payment options/direction and no bill was received so far. My new account number with Nationstar was only informed by the customer service on the phone tonight. It occurred to me that all payment options on Nationstar web site involves some kind of convenience fee except check mailing. The "Auto-Pay Direct Debit" option shall be free of service charge as a common sense, but it is very unclear if there is a fee or not if I follow the link and process through western union??? Have Nationstar trained their reps using their site and talk what they know instead of repeating the training manual? I spent more than 2 hours tonight to verify this loan transaction and my payment options, but still have no conclusion. I am very disapointed about both firms' inconsideration.

St

Comments

• Vo
      May 20, 2017

We have been long time customers, having our mortgage with citimortgage. Never late on a bill. Happy. Suddenly we get a letter saying our new mortgage company is Nationstar. Why citimortgage sold our mortgage to them I don't know. But it's been a nightmare with this new "lender" - claims they are the best at debt collecting and bankruptcy. WTF? They have triple billed us just to make sure we got our bill. When you call them, you reach someone in a foreign company with minimal English. Now this Nationstar is changing their name to mrcooper.com. mrcooper.com - are you ### kidding me? I want my citimortgage back. Why did they do this? Did they do this to EVERY mortgage client? Is citimortgage going out of business? It's like we went from Nordstroms to Kmart. Is this just a ploy to have us refinance?

Jul 19, 2017

I'm having similiar issue. Citi mortgage transferred to nationstar. The didn't pay my hazard insurance and it was late. This is paid by the mortgage company and they never paid it, then I got a late fee, and they still didn't pay it, now my homeowners insurance might be cancelled! How do we stop this??? How do we get out of this?

Oct 17, 2017

I too had my mortgage sold to Mr Cooper. I was notified today (10/17) that it would occur 11/1. Too late to get a loan to pay it off with another company. Read pages of horror stories about Mr. Cooper ( name a coincidence ? DBA Cooper and DB Cooper). Suggest anyone considering doing busines with Citigroup or getting a credit card thru Citibank give this a thought. Will they sell your account too?

• Fi
      Nov 09, 2017

First impressions are lasting ones and Mr. Pooper, oops, Cooper has failed in my opinion. My mortgage was transferred from Citi to Mr. Cooper with the 11/01/2017 installment being owed to Cooper, not Citi. My bank has electronic funds transfer with Cooper I made sure to include the new Cooper loan number. Cooper received the payment 11/02/2017 but is telling me they didn't receive it and that it is late. I sent them a screenshot of the electronic funds transfer confirmation from my bank and they still say they didn't get it. HERE WE GO! If my company provided similarly poor service to customers, we would be fired and sued in a heartbeat.