Circle K / wants to charge for free cokes
I recieved 3 coupons today from mycokerewards.com, its coca colas website where you enter the codes from the caps of their products and get points. You can then use these points to buy various items. I always choose the "free 20oz coke product" coupons.
Anyway, I went into town to get my "free" coke. I stopped at the circle k on well rd in west monroe, louisiana.
I went inside, got a coke out of the cooler, and handed the lady behind the counter my coupon. She said she needed to scan the coke, which I figured was for inventory reasons or something. But, being curious, I asked about it.
"you have to pay sales tax on it", she said
"sales tax? Well, its free, so sales tax on 0 is 0. ", I replied jokingly.
"no, it says on the coupon that you have to pay the sales tax. ", she said.
"but its free", I said.
"no, like I said, you have to pay the sales tax on the normal price. ", she replied
"forget it. Let me have my coupon back", I said.
"you don't want the coke?", she asked.
"not if i'm going to have to pay for it. ", I replied, "i've been to 3 different stores with these type of coupons before and this is the first one that has wanted me to pay anything. "
Now, I did look at the coupon after leaving, and it does say "you pay sales tax and/or deposit. "
However this is the first time i've had any store even say anything about it, more or less try to get money from me.
I will not buy anything from circle k any more.
More Circle K Complaints & Reviews
- Circle K - poor employee treatment 
- Circle K Stores - juul and other vaping devices/pods sold to minors 
- Circle K - gross and unexceptable treatment of employees 
- Circle K - rude and racists employees 
- Circle K - really bad employee policies 
- Circle K Stores - Gas charged and not refunded 
- Circle K Stores - Mobile Coupons
- Circle K Stores - Coffee
- Circle K Stores - Employees/Customer service
- Circle K Stores - Compliment for an excellence First RATE Employee Natisha (sp) (7th Avenue &Mcdowell) Phoenix, AZ 85007