Cinemark / management

1 7800 S 1300 ESandy, UT, United States Review updated:

I was recently at Sandy Century 16 Union Heights, the managers were acting like children, a Mr. B was running around hitting employees with his laniard, and spitting some sort of liquid at the employees as well. Then in the same night, a Mr. C was on his phone instead of helping the customers problems, and also he was hitting the male employees in the groin area, and it was not lightly, it brought one of the boys down to his knees, and from what I observed it took the boy quite a few minutes to recover. In addition to this childish behavior, they were very crude, cursing like sailors. So in conclusion to what I observed that night, I will be ending my weekly visit to the movies at Cinemark, I will now be a loyal Larry H. Miller costomer.

Comments

• Ci
      17th of Feb, 2009

I was recently at Sandy Century 16 Union Heights, it was a Sunday night, and the management were acting very childish, I've seen them not doing their job, but this was ridiculous. One of the managers, a Mr. B was running aroung chasing the employees and hitting them with his laniard with no regard for the customers that were in the way, he was also taking the creamers from the front of the cafe and popping them on the employees. Then there was a Mr. C, he was going around to the male employees and hitting them in the groin area, he was also on his phone, when a customer came up to him, he didnt even look up, he turned around and told the employee to help the customer, and stood there with his back to the customer. And in addition to all that, both managers were very crude, and were swearing like sailors. I was very dissapointed with the actions and the childish display that the management showed that night. I also asked a couple of the employees if the managers acted like that on a regular basis, and they said that it gets worse in the scullery, they said that they go hide back there, and spray eachother with the sink hose. And speaking for the employees, those two managers are horrible, that they are hypocrites and that they get the employees in trouble to get the heat off of them, that they tell the employees that they can do one thing, then when questioned they act as though they didnt give the employee permission. I am over all very dissapointed with what i found out that night.

• Ye
      13th of Sep, 2010

This weekend 9/12/10 I took my 3 year old daughter to see the new Toy story movie at the Tinseltown Cinemark in Layton Utah. They send us to a theater where in the morning they show Toy Story and later in the night thy show Salt. We are sitting down waiting for the movie to start and the previews for the other movies are not kid movies, but are also not scary previews. Then the preview for "Devil" comes on. I find it strange that they are showing this preview to kids, but It has been a while sense I have been to the movies, none the less a kids movie. I'm new to going to "G" rated movies to be honest. Well the preview for "Devil" comes on and I try to distract my daughter by digging around and distracting her with treats.

Apparently they started the wrong movie!

If you have ever seen the movie Salt, you will know the scene I am talking about. Its the opening scene. It has a woman covered in blood in her underwear getting beat and tied up and eventually waterborded. It happened so fast I could not tell if it was another preview or the wrong movie, but I picked up my daughter and left the theater to find about 20 other kids standing outside the door freaking out. Not a good image for a 3 year old. Some employee comes up and said "it looks like we started the wrong movie reel." Seeing 20 terrified children in the hallway and not one apology from anyone. This is what really made me upset. Letting kids run a business with no personal skills is a joke. A simple, "we are sorry, is there anything I can do, " would have gone a long ways. I left very upset and just lost the $20 I spent on my child. I will have a hard time going to any more movies that are owned by Cinemark theaters. Not like they care.

yelocorado@aol.com