Cinemark / discrimination

1 Long Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

I thought discrimination didnt happen anymore. Last night I went to catch a late movie with my friend, I purchased tickets online so that I wouldnt wait. So we head to the theather and since it was the last function, they where begining to closing down, and all the doors had been closed. However we were only 10 mins late and the movie had only barely started. So I go to the box office and get my tickets. Im standing at the door... Mind you, the movie had already started... And a man who seemed to be of importance, is standing at the door. He seemed to be a manager. I show him my tickets then he looks at me and my friend, who happens to be gay, and he turns around and starts making jokes to his co-workers. He continues making jokes for 5 mins while we are standing at the door outside the theater waiting to be let in with valid tickets. He then points me back to the box office and I go to the box office and they tell me to "go in". We go back to the entrance and the man in charge seems to be annoyed by us trying to get in the theater. To my surprise and frustration, he looks at us again and turns his back on us again continuing to laugh and make jokes. It was very rude and unprofessional. Finaly after 10 mins he looks at us with an angry face, and points us to another door, we walk over there and wait again, well he never opened that door instead he opens the door we had been standing at in the first place. To make things worst, my friend who had driven there, ask the man if he could validate his parking ticket. Simple question right? Well it angered the man and he loudly and rudely says "well maybe after you get out of the theater we will". If I hadnt already purchased the tickets I would have walked out and never set foot in that theater again, but they where making it hard for us to even get our money back. As we continue walking into the lobby, the employee continues talking loudly and rudely my friends was so angerd he nearly walked out. Needless to say I didnt enjoy the movie and this morning I woke up with the bitter taste of this experience, I will never go back to that theater again and am filling a formal discrimination complaint because he was making fun of us and he left us outside waiting while he made jokes to the other employees.

Lu

Comments

• Rp
      5th of Nov, 2011

Maybe show up on time next time and avoid this entire situation and drop it? drama queen

• Se
      31st of Mar, 2017

It looks like the manager was in a hurry to get closing tasks done and took his frustrations out on you. I'm sorry that happened. The policy is to leave the doors unlocked until 15 minutes after the last showtime so 10 minutes you should have still been allowed in. Even after the doors are locked, I've let people come in if they're paying with a card (since the tills have all been taken away to be counted so no more cash transactions are possible).