Chrysler Financial / harassing phone calls, rude.

1 po box 9223Farmington Hills, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-556-8172

We have been having a financial hardship. Our loan has one year left. I have always overpaid to make it even. Some months in the past years I have paid up to $900.00 a month just to stay ahead, in case times like these have fallen upon us. Well, last month I paid a payment short of the amount due by 75.00. I just didn't have the full amount.
They called me starting at 8:07 AM, and called my cell phone, my work phone, my husband's sister's (??) home phone, my husband's 87 yr old grandfather's phone, and the best yet...my neighbor's across the street and next door's phone.(how embarrassing) How is this legal?
My payment is due on the 12th. It was the 14th and they did receive a sort of payment. Now w/ internet, they can find out anything, it's scary, and someone needs to do something about it. I owed these ppl $75.00 . In my state of MASS, we have a 15 day grace period on all loans, so they cannot even charge me a late fee until after 15 days. This was 2 days. And not even a full paymet.
The guy on the phone wouldn't take my payment unless I gave him next month's along with it!! It wasnt due for another 28 days!! He told me I need to imagine what would happen if they came & repossessed the truck, then how would I like it?!!! Then he told me I shouldn't live above my means!! (Which I definitely do NOT) So I added up all the payments since last Dec & divided by 10 months (October) and on average I have paid them $444.63 per month. Guess what my payment is? ...$390.21.
He said that it doesn't matter. He was a TOTAL
A- hole!! The manager had no manners either.
I will NEVER EVER recommend Chrysler to anyone..EVER. I will never use them again. One yr left & I am DONE with them!!
There are way to many other banks out there to waste time & aggravation w/ a company that can't train their employees to have respect or manners with a customer.

Re

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2009

I hate Chrysler too!!! I have received so many nasty calls from Chrysler Financial until now I fuss with them and over talk every conversation I can with them.

Their customer service is rude. My husband lost his regular job over a year ago, but we have managed to never become 30 days past due. That however is not good enough for them.

Also they hate it when you remind them that they beg for your tax money to pay their bills. The Chrysler rep said oh this is Chrysler Financial and we are different from Chrysler the manufacturer. I asked her was the name Chrysler on her check, if so then they are the same in my book.

They are the worst to deal with. I told them that I was recording my conversation with them for quality assurance. They didn't like that at all. She kept saying are you sure you aren't recording me. They know they are rude. She eventually hung up on me. Oh well that proves my point.