Choice Home Warranty / hot water heater

US Review updated:

Customer service representative wasn't helpful, honest, informative or knowledgeable. Was given wrong instructions and no follow through.
No one ever contacted or called other than for me to send documentation (which I did) to even tell me the status of my claim. I had to call for the rep just to reply "it was denied", with no explanation. I ask for additional information, was given very little explanation. So I ask for the cancellation department.

Then have the nerve to charge me $226.68 for only four months of Service which was never used.

This company is totally unprofessional and a rip off. If I could rate this company which I am still looking to do, you wouldn't even rate one star.

Respectfully,
Billie J Ernest
231 Laverne Avenue
Lansdowne, MD 21227

Bi
Mar 14, 2017

Comments

• Ra
      Mar 17, 2017

Choice HW just denied our claim for a leaky tub fixture.
    Paid 60.00 for nothing. Plumber also stated that water heater would not be covered.
    Homeowners beware. Cancelling asap.

• Te
      Apr 11, 2017

Choice Home Warranty is a ### Ponzi scheme. I bought a house in August of 2016 and thought it best to buy a home warranty t be safe. I have tried to make two claims, one a garage door that collapsed on my vehicle and two, our water heater went out. Both claims were denied. Reasons given are covered somewhere in the 8 pages of "exception" fine print. In the case of the water heater, the policy states that all components are covered "except"...then goes on to list all of the components in a water heater. This operation smells like the fly by night gypsy house painters that take your money and run.