Choice Home Warranty / a/c repair
Beware of this dishonest company.
I have home warranty with choice home warranty contract#[protected] and recently filed a claim #54428520 for my air conditioner
(Make: bryant, model : 561cj042-a) when it stopped working.
The company sent the technician who diagnosed that the compressor had failed due to the reason "shorted to ground".
Normal life time of this a/c is about 12-15 years as per the technician and this a/c has been running for almost 19 years
Which reflects the maintenance I do about the appliance.
But choice home warranty (Chw) is denying the claim saying that the unit is not properly maintained and invoked some fine print
Saying that it failed due to rust and corrosion which is not at all mentioned by the technician who attended the unit.
And now chw is trying to buy me off with a cash offer of $500 in place of $2500 worth a/c unit.
I see that chw has denied claims like this multiple times for various customers with the same reason and I see a pattern of malpractice.
Please note that this company is engaged in just providing some repair work but does not really replace any broken appliances.
It always finds some reason to deny the claim when a unit needs to be replaced. So it not exactly a home warranty company but charges premium like one.
Heard from some of the contractors that chw advises them to change their report to suit the requirement of the company so that it can deny the claim.
I see the chw is already penalised by nj, division of consumer affairs and has been advised to change its business practice.
Inspite of that and more than 1000 complaints in bbb and bad reviews in multple sites, chw is continuing with its malpractice.
Please beware and research yourself well before wasting your hard earned money on this fraudulent company.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - company will not honor contract 
- Choice Home Warranty - home warranty
- Choice Home Warranty - warranty on our air conditioner
- Choice Home Warranty - unethical behavior
- Choice Home Warranty - air conditioning claim
- Choice Home Warranty - poor vendor service, unethical behavior, lack of follow up, not communicating honestly about services