Children's Place / rude store manager - horrible check out!

1 Northridge, CA, United States

First trip to the store to use my new CP Credit Card and the 30% off coupon that came with the approved CC application.

Had no trouble until I checked out and was told I could use the 30% off coupon with another $10 coupon for signing up for text alerts.

Once my order was ready for payment the clerk told me the 30% coupon was already used and wasn't working. I informed her I haven't used it and there's a mistake.

Cashier had her manager "Sam" come over. Sam proceeded to assume the situation and asked to see the email I received. I handed her my phone and she made an ugly face and made a negative comment about the age of my phone (really!?!?).

Once she saw the email proceeded to tell me the coupon was expired, so I showed her a calendar. This manager made my experience so difficult over 30% off that was offered to me. Then she said I wasn't approved...REALLY...why do I have the new card in my hand. At this point I was so upset and my 3 kids were just looking at her like she was crazy. After a 15 minute stand off she gave me the 30% off, but wouldn't let me use the $10 off for signing up for text alerts. She was by far the worst employee I have ever come in contact with at CP. I hope she gets some customer service classes ASAP. She doesn't belong in an area working with the public.

Rd