Chegg.com / Payment for Books

1 Ft Knox, KY, United States Review updated:

Please spare yourself the indigestion and heartache by not using Chegg.com for any services relating to textbooks. You'll be sorely disappointed if you do. The entire business seems to run amuck, noone knows who's in charge, and their customer service is abosolutely atrocious.
I sold 3 textbooks to them (mailed all three in 1 package) and I received payment for only one textbook...after 3 weeks. That didn't bother me much, but when i didn't I didn't receive payment for the other two textbooks (nor anything relating to them receiving the books), I began to inquire further. I made 7 phone inquiries, 2 IM messages, and 2 emails on several different occasions. Finally, someone was able to tell me where my books (and money) were at. Hmm...now what kind of customer service is that?

Needless to say, I went to another company, and was generally pleased with their services. Lastly, it took Chegg.com 2 months to finally send me payment for my other two books (NOTE: I received 3 forms of payments for 1 shipment of books...1 check and 2 debit cards...now how efficient is that? Not!) Use them if you dare...but I'd rather give my books away than to trust them again.

Ad

Comments

6th of Mar, 2010

Hello, I am a Chegg customer service team member. Chegg strives to provide an exceptional level of service and in this case we have let you down.

Typically, when a Chegg Visa card is your preferred payment method of payment it is received within 7-10 days. If Chegg credit is your preferred method it is received within 1-3 days. If your payment is not received within these time frames we ask that you contact us so that we can look into the issue further. We will make sure that you receive your payment for the books that you sell to us.

Chegg customer service is available by phone and chat: http://www.chegg.com/contactus/