Check Smart / customer service

They are EXTREMELY rude. My husband lost his job and was unable to pay the loan back. We asked for a payment plan, and they refused. Then they started taking money we didn't have out of our account (since we had overdraft protection, they were able to do this). When we called them about it, they were extremely nasty. We explained the contract we had said they could take money every two weeks or on payday; they were taking it every week. When I called them on it, they said I was reading the contract wrong. Bull. I am a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in English. I am pretty sure I can read. Then they became abusive saying we must have the money or it would reject. I explained the overdraft protection, and it was not money we really had. Still, they did not care and told me to borrow from a relative or friend. I eventually just hung up on them.

More Check Smart Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pr
      29th of May, 2009

My brother put me down as a reference on a loan without my knowledge or permission. I started to receive calls and was cooperating with them trying to locate my brother. Checks Smart would call more and more with hostility and aggressiveness. I finally told them to quit calling me and that's when he (checks smart) became rude and inappropriate. I asked him to take my name off of his list, (since I had no loan) but he flat out said "### you" and deal with "it" and hung up. I called the corporate headquarter and they were just as rude until I asked for a supervisor. Finally, after an hour, she agreed to take my name off of their calling list. I called my local State Senator and he gave me detailed instructions on how to file a formal complaint. Apparently they just passed legislation here in Utah dealing with "pay day" businesses.