[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / excessive service charges, horrible customer services, and deceiving customers' review board

After I purchased a round trip ticket from cheapoair.com via Continental airline to Asia on January 5. Within a few hours later, I found out the price had dropped $74.00 for the exact same itinerary. I called the customer service and talked to many representatives regarding the price drop and wish to be credited the differences (as other reputable web agencies allow customers to cancel without penalty within 24~48 hours); I was treated as a pest and was refused of my request.

I was wondering of my treatment by those nasty customer service representatives since I had read as many reviews as I could on their website before I purchased my ticket, and could not find any negative one. So, I intended to post my bad experience of their horrible customer service and cheapoair.com unfair business practice on their customer reviews board. But it was never appeared on their reviews board. Instead, Renee Andrews contacted me via email. After a whole day of back and forth emailing, they finally agreed to credit $65.00 out of $74.00 back to my AMEX. Don't ask me why, but it's better than nothing.

A few days later, I checked my reservation on the Continental Airline's website and found out the cost of my trip was only $1320.30 ($1232.00 + $88.30 taxes and fees). But cheapoair charged me $1344.30 and another $124.00 taxes and fees (?) on my American Express credit card. That means, cheapoair charged me $148.00 for their commission on my ticket. I have never heard of such a big commission profit from an airline web agency. The normal commission for a travel agency is around $20~$25.00 per round trip ticket.

My conclusion of this cheapoair.com is that it is a many fraudulent facets traveling web agency. Stay far away!

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 10, 2009

Yoko, in the email you sent me, I did respond back that I was looking into why the fare difference. I gave the refund of $65.00 for the original fare difference, in which 10.00 is our service fee that we kept. I am checking with billing regarding your recent transaction, I will be in touch as soon as I have a response.

866-636-9088

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 16, 2009

I am glad to say that we have come to an agreement with the above complaint and a portion of her refund has already been processed. It was an honest error, and we where not out to take more money, or charge outrageous fees after we just reissued for a refund of $65.00

We did an exchange on her first complaint regarding the fare decrease of $75.00, so when our ticketing team did the exchange, they inadvertenly charged the reissue fee that the airline charges, plus another Cheapoair.com service fee. So all of her money will be refunded to the customers satisfaction.

Yoko, as I had advised, it may take the credits a few weeks to appear, but you had assured me you would recant your posting, and Cheapoair.com and myself are greatly appreciative. We do care about providing client satisfaction.

Regards,
    866-636-9088

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 27, 2009

Hannah Montanna., I do believe once the customer posts on such boards that confidentiality no longer exist. She put the information out there for all to view, not Cheapoair.com. Once a company is portrayed in such a manner, we as a business have every right to defend ourselves and make sure all see the outcome as well.

Cu

Comments

• Ha
      16th of Feb, 2009

Rcustsupport, do you know what "client confidentiality" means? I suggest keeping your messages, that are directly entirely to Yoko, in e-mails. Not posting them on a public website.

And yes, there is a difference between a customer recounting whatever poor customer service she was treated with either BEFORE or AFTER her experience with you, and the service provider posting the customers business in a forum.

• Go
      19th of Feb, 2009

First, I like to thank Ms. HannahMontana for holding the justice for me regarding the right of "client confidentiality" between Rcustsupport (Renee Andrews) and I.

Secondly, as you all can read from Cheapoair.com manager, Renee Andrews' above two postings, which supposed to be confidentiality between she and I. Renee was trying very hard to improve Cheapoair.com image by resolving my complaint against it on many websites. As soon as my complaint was seen on many complaint websites on February 9, she emailed me immediately and explained the original $65.00 out of $74.00 had been credited to my credit card. I did realize the fact, but my complaint was no longer about the price dropped reimbursement, which was credited to my account the next day on Jan 6. It was about Cheapoair.com "Excessive service charges, horrible customer services, and deceiving customers' review board".

Renee had never explained to me about that $124.00 under the title of "taxes and fees", in addition to my round trip fare charge of $1344.30, which appeared on Jan. 5 on my American Express credit card statement before my complaint posting. However, she did try her best to communicate with me on February 12, about the reason for the excessive service charge as she already posted above as one of her comments. So, I am just here to keep my promise to her and confirm that Renee did refund me that $124.00 Cheapoair charged under the title of "taxes and fees" on my credit card. And she also reimbursed me that $9.00, which was a myth to my when cheapoair insisted gave back only $65.00 out of $74.00 on Jan. 5.

I do appreciate Renee is trying making every effort to improve Cheapoair's image and business practice. I honestly think Cheapoair needs more than Renee to change the whole company's image and customer service manners, in order not to spend time and effort to delete all the negative reviews and post only positive ones on their review board.

• Np
      24th of Mar, 2010

I have also had similar experience. They cheated us not only charging excessive fees and also lying to me while I was on the phone with them that the tickets they were offering were indeed the last tickets, when infact there were many tickets available online for cheaper fare. They never gave me a break down of the airfare they were charging me and made me believe that the entire cost was just towards the airfare. I filed a complaint with my american express credit card. Stay very very far away from this website.