[Resolved] Cheapoair / fraud ticket selling and lies

1 NY, United States

I booked a ticket from Beijing to Boston on July 28th, 2008. The ticket was $100 cheaper than my other choices on that day. I called them and asked about restriction on this ticket since it's cheaper and provided them with my passport and nationality. I called again to verify my credit informations and asked about the restrictions again. Nothing was mentioned to me. Then paid the bill.

Today is July 31th, I got a call saying if I'm flying with this ticket, I need to apply for a transit visa, which will take at least 5 business days. My flight is August 7th. I called cheapoair.com, 3 times, one hanged up my phone. one supervisor mislead me with the credit points thing. He told me if I cancel the ticket, I get credit points and I can use them in the future at any agent or air companies. Then I asked again to double check, he changed his words and said no, I could only fly with the same air company. So I hanged up and called the airline to double check this credit points thing. And I was told NO. IT's Not the Truth! Even if they give me the credit points, I'll have to fly with the same airline only, within one year.

But the third one, a supervisor again, gave me a different explanation that I can only fly with air Canada from Beijing to Boston only. God. I can fly with any other airline with this price for a round trip. This credit points means NO Points.

Cheapoair is absolutely a NIGHTMARE. Avoid them whenever possible. Speak with an accent, always trying to interrupt you, impatient, bad attitude. And LIE!!! How can they provide wrong informs to customers and trying to cheat them?

Fraud!

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jul 31, 2008

Dear Ceji, I have read over your complaint, and this does not sound like a booking made through CHEAPOAIR.COM. First, I would like to mention we do not deal in tickets such as "credit Points' I'm not sure what you are referring to. Our tickets are non refundable, and you can cancel and obtain a credit on that airline only, and use it for future travel less any fees for rebooking, they are not good on any airline and good with any other agency, but most of all we would not use the terms credit points.

As for the transit visa, we do not advise our customer what documents are needed, you as the traveler should be aware of what is needed, we have this posted on our website and is also printed on your receipt to check for documents, and transit visa's may be required. We advise all to contact the consulte and embassy!

Please provide me with your cheapoair.com booking confirmation so I can verify if this is indeed a booking made with us, email to:

randrews@cheapoair.com

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Aug 13, 2008

This is a followup posting to Ceji, I have emailed the customer directly and no response from him. It appears this is not a Cheapoair.com problem, due to the lack of correspondance with me, offering assistance to investigate into what his concern is.

When customers file complaints such as this, and do not provide proper information or willing to contact a direct person to help with a situation, it appears this is not a "valid" complaint against Cheapoair.com!

Randrews@cheapoair.com