[Resolved] Cheapoair / flight

5 Unknown New York City?, Canada

I needed to book a flight yesterday (28 th October), for my daughter and boyfriend whom found out her airline had gone bankrupt. It started with a call to a nice sales agent, and he said he would put the flight I expressed interest in ( Lot airlines flight 332, from Paris, to Toronto via Warsaw), onto hold for 30 minutes while I confirmed info with my daughter, he quoted me$1003.88 ( if it was cDn or used was not mentioned) and said he would call me back in 30 minutes. He took my number, but no other details. I waited 39 minutes ( he never did call back) and called the main line again, and got hold of Andreas, who was very nice too, but he said there were only 2 spots left and the price was now almost $1, 500 cdn. I told him the price was so much more and he was able to apply a discount that got it down to $1, 467.85. We got cut off, and Andreas had an associate call me back. He put the order together but it took so long to finalize, I have no idea why it took so many times being put on hold. I made a mistake when giving my email, well that seems to be a disaster, it seems all the employees are bogged down with rules, I never could get them to change it, in spite of him telling me he had sent a $50 voucher, and I never got a receipt of purchase. The next step I was transferred to the verification dept. they took a bunch of info, and when he realized I didn't have the correct email address he transferred me, and all that information I gave was wasted, because I wasn't transferee back, so I had to get transferred back and go thru the process again. Well you have so many rules about paying for someone else, I was away on vacation, so I wasn't home, well they said I had to be at the telephone # listed on my banking credit card. Lots more put on hold and even told I would be called back, and finally I was told I could call my bank and change the telephone number on account to my cell, or send an official email from work, indicating I authorized the purchase. Finally I sent from my phone the email, lucky I could do from my phone! I started the process at just after 6.00 pm, and it was after 11 pm, and I still didn't have an official answer if it was approved? Now I have my daughter who doesn't know if she can get on the flight, and should see go to the airport, and I can't tell her for sure yes, because the email from CCV which I received in acknowledgement of my sent email was never answered. I was interrupted in sleep as the flight departed 4.45 am our time. Ruined my nights sleep, and ruined my entire evening, and it cost me at least $$250 and possibly $950 plus ( depending on if the original amount if it was U.Sd or Canadian. ). I feel I should be compensated in some way for my anguish! My booking # was [protected]. My email I used yesterday was kitchen.[protected]@sheratonparkway.com. I can be better reached at this email. [protected]@ icloud.com. I will give a couple days to address this, before going on line to post my nightmare! Glen Gardner. [protected].

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 01, 2018

Dear Mr.Gardner, our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Our company has a credit card policy put in place to protect against fraudulent purchases done on our website. When a customer booked a last minute trip from an international country, and the travelers name, and the credit card holder are different, it does bring up red flags. But I see the flights were confirmed and tickets issued in time for your daughter to make her flight. The charge is in CAD. We appreciate your business, and again our apologies for inconvenience.

Gl