[Resolved] Cheapoair / unauthorized charges

1 United States

Cheap O air pull a similar stunt on me. On 11/3 I purchased 2 round trip tickets for $578 online with a debit card I use strictly for online purchases, linked to an account I keep limited funds in. When I received the confirmation the date for the return flight was wrong it was 11/24 instead of 11/26 (I still had my web page pulled up in a different window, so I knew I put in the correct date) . I called CheapOair, and was told the only tickets available for the date I was returning home were going to cost almost double what I had already paid! We went back & forth, I was telling the man I was speaking with I was looking at their web site and saw 8 pages of return flights for the date I was coming home within $50 of what I had paid. He said that was wrong, they were all sold out. Finally he agreed to a flight we could get on, on the date we needed it.

On 11/6 I attempted to make an online purchase with my debit card. Guess what I found out? CheapOair had replaced my original charge of $578 with a new charge of $828, and added charges of $50 and $48 and $1, bringing my total for those $578 tickets up to $927.

Repeated calls to CheapOair resulted in my being placed on hold for 67 minutes one time, 31 minutes another time, and never getting a live person a third time. Emails have gone unanswered except for the READ receipt coming back.

PLEASE let's get a Class Action Lawsuit going aganist these people!

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Dec 08, 2008

Ada, I have already responded to you via another website you had posted. The charges are valid as I had explained. The original charge was for a ticket that you called and cancelled due to a booking error you had made. The second charge of $828.00 is for the flights you needed with the new dates. The airline charges you an airline penalty of 150.00 to make a change, plus the difference in the airfare. Also, you failed to mention that the $50.00 is insurance you purchased with this reservation, and the 48.00 is the Cheapoair.com service fee we charge which is non refundable, $24.00 for the first booking, and the other $24.00 is for the 2nd booking.

You also mentioned that the dates you entered had been correct because you still had the booking page open, I would like to mention that you cannot complete a confirmed booking without finishing the reservation on line. Therefore, having the page open is not accurate, because you couldn't of submitted the reservation for purchase. if you hadn't completed the transaction online, meaning name, address, creditcard info. not to mention the electronic signature that you put a check mark by and accepted the terms and conditions.

I have not heard from Ada regarding any follow up to this booking!

randrews@cheapoair.com