Chase Bank Circuit City Card / They charged me 672.00 fee

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I received yesterday my credit card statement on a Chase account that I had recd for no interest 36 months. I paid faithfully each month via electronic payments and thought the account was paid in full in Dec 2008. To my utter shock and surprise I received a notice saying that they had charged by account a 672. fee for not paying off the balance of $28.00, which did not appear in my calculations.

All of this taking place while I am still in the promotional period, the full balance isn't due until April 2009.

Do not use this Bank for anything. They have placed this under investigation. I am reporting this practice to the appropriate authorities. This is just another outrage of our lending institutions, as consumers we must stand up against this madness.

Comments

13th of Apr, 2009

Chase has done the same to us. Charged over $400.00 in financing charges during the promotional period -- and, there is no recourse for the customer. We disagreed with the statement, and financing charges based on the language in the Circuit City contract. The letter we received from Chase didn't answer the questions in the letter, just merely stated that the original terms of the contract had been breached, therefore, they could add on the charges. I would like more investigation into this whole mess, but I see no real venue for getting an honest accounting of their (Chase) practices. I have read numerous accounts of other customers in the same situation. Please let me know what appropriate authorities I can take this up with to get an honest third party investigation.

anita