Chase Bank / illegal withdrawl of funds

I noticed on 3/30/09 that almost $500 had been deducted from my Credit Union Savings account by Chase Auto. I used to have an account with them and had paid off my loan in December 08. My account was closed at that time. When I contacted them, they told me it was my fault and that it was my responsibility to cancel my Chase online payment. Nowhere was it mentioned I needed to go in and close it once my account was paid off. Long story short, both customer service supervisors blamed me for the error and told me I needed to fax them a copy of the transaction showing the money had been taken from my account. After doing so, Anthony told me I would receive an overnight check. I didn't receive the check. I called back and spoke with Francis, she was cold and uncaring and really didn't care about the issue. All she could do is blame me over and over again. They took my rent out of my account, me and my boys will end up on the street if I do not get the money back, she
didn't express concern. She just told me it would take a minimum of three working days to research the issue and then once identified as having the funds deducted I would be reimbursed. In other words, my rent could be late by as much as twelve days. That won't work. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH CHASE AUTO.

Comments

St
  17th of Oct, 2009

I had to self reposess a car financed through Chase Bank, they sold the car at auction leaving a balance I owe of $6500. They contacted me for the money I told them my wife was laid off and we were struggling financially but I can try to make low monthly payments until things are better, they said no all money up front. They kept calling and calling and calling so I ignored them as it was no use to hash over same old thing. Anyway my elderly mother 83 yrs old had a savings account with Chase in which she put me on when she was having surgery and being treated for Cancer. They took all of her savings and the poor woman is suffering some serious problems as this is money she used for medication and to pay Dr. Bills. I have not used her account ever and forgot I was even on there, but still Chase bank, a Matthew DeFrance with Chase Auto National Recovery Center in Phoenix Arizona stated when I told him it was my mothers account he said he knows and he doesn't care. Was I pissed, yes, enough to do the unthinkable. What callous disregard these slimballs have..let them come after me, put a lien on my home, sue me but don't injure my mother. I have been taking care of my mother for 3 years and my home and wife are in another state, I have been shuffling between two states to take care of two families. This is for those that don't think a Bank can do this, they can and will and do..is it ethical or morally right, no, legal yes, but what does that mean, if it's legal it can become illegal. I don't have the option to go to the government and ask for a bailout like they do with our taxpayer dollars, do you think Uncle Sam would give me money to bail me out of debt..lol..probably lock me up. Anyway if you would like to talk to Matthew DeFrance call him at 888-895-1727 Ext. 3930 and ask him why he is a morally defunct individual.