Chase Auto Finance / illegal repo and collection practices

MA, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 1-508-339-2636

Chase has been calling my friends and neighbors along with my Human Resource Department at my work repeatedly when i was behind in my payments. For two years never missed a paymen of 400.00t I was suspended as a result for two weeks. They sent a repo guy out to my house who had to be removed from my propoerty by the police for harassing and threatening behaviors. Repo guy three days later...attempted to run me off the road for about two miles ..came up behind me at a stop sign...smashed on my window threatening me if i didnt exit the vehicle...then jumped out in front of my truck preventing me from moving...hooked my truck and continued to jump around in traffic swearing at me..As a result of my slamming on my brakes and jerking my head sideways...I injured my neck. Finance guy Bob was aware of all this and was possibly on the phone with repo guy while he was doing this. I NOW CANT WORK RELATING TO MY INJURY ...THEREFORE COULDNT MAKE AN AGREEMENT TO BRING PAYMENTS CURRENT. After finding out I was injured as a result of Chases collection practices...his only comment was that he would be repossesing my truck immediately...Pressing charges against this illegally practicing company...STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!!

Comments

Bo
  22nd of Jan, 2009
Wow, if this is true document everything and get a good attorney.File harassment and stalking charges against Chase. Contact the local news media. If they repo your car it should when its parked, they have no right to pursue you and endanger yourself and others. Chase is not law enforcement. You won't have to work for a long time if what you say is true. You should also contact the police and file charges. What you describe is criminal and the district attorney may be interested.
Jb
  16th of Feb, 2009
I have a simular story but I was only four days late. If you are still around let me know. I have a lawyer putting together paperwork and I would like to speak with you. Bob was apart of the fraud that occured for the repo as well...
Ho
  29th of Oct, 2010
A wrecker driver identifying himself as an employee of chase bank came to our home to repossess our car at 6:30 am. We were 30 days late. The car was not at home at the time, so he parked his wrecker right where our children wait for the school bus.

Our children were terrified and did not want to attend school that day because this man was standing at their bus stop waiting for them. He stood there for 2 hours waiting, and stalking.

Chase Bank will resort to harassing family members including children and neighbors, they don't care. They have high powered lawyers that put them above the law.

I plan to take them on especially for this latest episode, I am not one to back down especially when it comes to my family.
Ca
  11th of Feb, 2011
Has anyone here taken legal action against chase for illegal repo of car? Please reply.
Pa
  24th of Mar, 2011
Please count me in! Chase repoed our SUV after 1 month late..we were told to apply for the hardship program and in fact there isnt a program. They hired a Detective service that harassed every member of my family..the repo driver was banging on my family doors at midnight! They took the SUV..we never received any notice..I was told that we could not sell the SUV since it was written off..All of our personal property was inside..No notice to claim the SUV ..What every SUV that went to auction 2X was damaged and had high miles..this was not our SUV! Took Chase a year to transfer the title and the tag was never turned in and has been ticketed to-date! We were served this week with a lawsuit for the entire loan amount and Chase took our SUV and sold it for $2600 under the blue book! Liars and Crooks! Contact your state AG and the AG office of NY you may receive a reply from Chase and catch them in a few lies! Also file with the FTC
Be
  27th of Apr, 2011
We filed a federal lawsuit against chase for illegal repossesion. The case is pending and currently active. Let me know if you need contactinfo

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank