Certs, Inc. / Unethical business practices!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

The $100 of free gas must be purchased in exact $10 increments, once per month. Didn’t know about that one. Do not be 1 penny off or the entire offer is null and void! That was easier to do when gas was $1.50/gallon. How do they get away with this crap? With every $10 submission, it must be accompanied with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Of course, you don’t know about these restrictions until you actually try to take advantage of these “benefits”. My opinion is that they try to make things as difficult as they can for you so that you won’t bother trying to cash in.

Now for the one that really has got me going – the 2 free round trip flights. Again, you don’t know what this process is until you try to use it. We mailed the activation form with passport copies on 12/16 as required. We then received a reservation form and mailed it in on 1/29. How’s that for a 6 week turnaround? We also sent in 2 $50 money orders, as required. Of course, they didn’t tell us about that. Wasn’t this supposed to be free flights? Now, the mistake that I made is that they instructed the money orders to be postal money orders. Not being as savvy as I probably should be, I went to my neighborhood Safeway store and purchased 2 money orders. A money order is a money order, isn’t it? On 2/22, we called to find out what the status was. They told us that it would take 30 days for them to process. Huh? What’s with that? On 3/7, we received a letter from them stating that ‘Due to non-compliance with the terms of this offer, we are unable to process your travel request due to the following reasons: Deposit was not in US Postal Money Order form. Please do not resubmit any documents to re-instate your certificate. The offer remains void.’ That was another 5 weeks to get this response. In the meantime, another flight discount coupon that we could have used as a backup expired. So now this is actually costing us more money than it would have if we had just not gotten involved! And my wife wonders why I’m so skeptical and entrusting of such organizations. Oh. One other thing. Also stated was this: ‘We apologize for this outcome; however, there is nothing that can be done.’

Comments

Ce
  23rd of Jun, 2008

First, we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience redeeming your travel certificate from our company. Keeping that in mind, we'd like to point out a few important details regarding the travel certificate business.

Our business is no different than any other business transaction in which both parties must comply with their agreement and adhere to the terms of service.

We highly recommend in the future if you receive a call or postcard from a marketing company promising you a travel certificate if you attend a timeshare presentation that you ask for the name of the company responsible for providing the incentive.

We further recommend if it is a Certs, Inc. incentive, that you visit our web site (www.certsinc.biz) where you can read the entire terms of service for each incentive we offer, and then make an educated decision on whether of not to move forward with the presentation.

Certs, Inc. has no control over the presentation by the marketing company or the sales tactics used by the vacation club representative. However, we do police their activities and from time-to-time will discontinue the sales of our products to these companies if we feel there is misrepresentation.

Certs, Inc. has never, and will never, change the terms of service on our incentives "after" it has been presented to our clients customers.

If you have not received a booking confirmation from our company for the travel date(s) you provided, you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid to Certs, Inc.

Due to the inconveniences of a large cancellation rate for booked travel, your travel dates will not be confirmed until 14 days in advance. This is to benefit you by allowing a full refund in case you an experience a life event that keeps you from traveling on the dates you provided us.

If you feel you have not received a fair chance at redeeming your travel certificate, please contact our customer service department (1-800-292-0099) so we can research your situation and act accordingly based off your incentive's terms of service.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Peaden, CEO
Certs, Inc.

Cj
  15th of Jul, 2008

It is so funny that Greg Peaden thinks he can salvage his company's reputation by posting on here that we should contact him! I worked for a company that used Certs and they did nothing but TRY to find ways NOT to fulfill (forced breakage)! Mr. Peaden is desperate and you should not believe him. I know that he intentionally creates his certificates to trick people and mislead them. Do not trust him or Certs, Inc.

RUN AWAY!

Pi
  19th of Jul, 2008

THIS IS CRAZY! Really, RUN AWAY, this company is cheating and getting our money. They just cashed my $ 30 check and are asking me for a $ 200 deposit (they say it's refundable) and you know what: the phone numbers they provide, both belong to 2 different companies. Try the phone number above: IT BELONGS TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY!! Run away!

Jo
  19th of Jul, 2008

What a clown.

Er
  21st of Jul, 2008

The number provided above (1-800-292-0099) belongs to SAFELITE AUTO GLASS, I called it...RED FLAG!!

Fr
  19th of Nov, 2008

Gregory,

Dude, when you give your number in response to at least three of these complaints and when the number is three times wrong, it is hard to call it a coincidence (the real number being 1-866-292-0099, making the mistake once could be interpreted as a typo). Clearly you guys are pros in the art of deceiving people. If there is one thing in business more important than making a profit, it is maintaining a good reputation. Not only these practices are ruining your reputation as a company, but it is also tainting the reputations of all companies that use you.

Mi
  3rd of May, 2009

Certs, Inc. is perpetrating fradulent business across state lines and should be investigated by the U. S. Attorney General and sued, or sent to jail for their crimes.

Re
  16th of Jun, 2009

I am still waiting for my check in the amount of $150.00. I did everything your company asked.

I got my "Dear John" Letter on 3-17-09 and have not received any check yet.
Regina and Vincent Barrett
Wings22-69834

Can show all the paperwork if requested.
Sincerely, Regina Barrett