Certegy / can't clear a good check
My husband and I just moved to OKC, opened up an account with a credit union and ALWAYS HAD A POSITIVE AMOUNT in the account. Several times my husband has gone to 7-eleven for gas.He has written a check for $40.00 or $50.00. The first time of the denial, he was told he was a new customer and he had "no profile" and the company would mail him an application to fill out,but 7-eleven took his info and took his check anyway. IT CLEARED of course. The next week after still not receiving the app,my husband went back to 7-eleven wrote a check for like $51. and some change. It was denied. He told the clerk they had cleared her check last week. So the clerk called the company,they told the clerk they could take the check this time but my husband could not write it for over $50.00. ( We have a jeep,it takes more than $50.00 to fill it up with these gas prices) So the next week he went back and wrote a check for $49.00 and once again it was denied. ALL of these checks have cleared our credit union with NO reprocutions. We hate using debit cards because that information can be stolen from the computers that are swiped on. With I.D theft as it is today, that is why I like writing checks. I have proof I wrote the check. Needless to say, any business that have there system I will not use. I agree after reading all the complaints. There need to be a lawsuit filed. I will be on that list if need be, Because it is embarrassing to be in a store and be denied in front of people knowing that you have the money but nobody else knows that and after seeing you get denied, they either think of you as a criminal trying to get stuff for free by writing hot checks or they think you are needy and try to purchase the items for you as a good jesture. All because of this company's lack of business sense.
More Certegy Complaints & Reviews
- Certegy Check Services / Walmart - declined to cash a payroll check at walmart 
- Certegy Check Services - declined checks! 
- Certegy / Walmart - declined to cash paroll check 
- Certegy Check Services - walmart's check cashing services 
- Certegy Check Services - failure to cash my check! 
- FISGlobal.com / Certegy - declined transaction
- Certegy - check cashing
- Certegy - declined checks for no reason
- Certegy - denied a good check for no reason?
- Certegy - unable to write checks after 40 years of having the same account and a credit rating of 834 of