Certegy Check Services / denial of check

United States Review updated:
3.75
I was purchasing medication for my mother at our local Walgreens. They declined my check for 86.00. Upon contacting Certegy I was informed that there was nothing wrong with my check but rather I didnt meet thier profile and they could not reverse thier computers decision. I have contacted walgreens management and will never do business with them again. Please let people know that Certegy is a terrible business investment.

Comments

Ca
  10th of Oct, 2008
I went to the AT&T store with my son to purchase a cell phone and he was approved though AT&T for a phone plan. We went to write the check and was denied. I talked with people from this company and the first person disconnected me after telling me that we have an insuffient check writing profile. When I got to talk to the second person after calling back they told me that the store had recently had some fradulent activity and that there was nothing wrong with my account and it was a problem with the store. I was also told that even though we had the money the manager couldn't override the denial but we could return to the store tomorrow to see if the check would be approved. I finally got tired of hearing about different ways to solve this problem of being denied is by filing out some paperwork that they are going to be sending and sending it back to them that we'll never be denied like this again.

To say the least this company does not impress me and even less after reading what others have said about them. There has to be something that can be done about such a company I can picture this company making alot of people feel bad and like crap because of being denied whether they have money or not.
Ka
  24th of Oct, 2008
I was turned down at a Kwik Stop gas/sundry story when buying a roll of .42 cent stamps. I wrote a $42.00 check and it was declined.
I purchased a roll of stamps using the same account 3 months prior.
The account I was using had almost $4000 in it and the money market account for the same entity had about $6000. I bank
across the street and signatures on 6 checking accounts.

After receiving your application and Googling you I don't think I trust you.
An
  13th of Feb, 2009
I live in Warren, Michigan and I was on my way to work when I stopped at Value Center Market to purchase a few groceries. I got to the store before they opened, waited outside for 20 minutes, went in and picked up a few things. As I got in line to pay for my groceries ($35.52), the cashier told me my check was declined. The manager moved me to the Customer Service desk, ran my check through a second time, getting the same answer. He gave me a card and told me to call Certegy. I called them and spoke with Darion, who informed me that since I don't write checks very often (I usually use my debit card, but I didn't have it with me at that time), my check was declined. He also said that Certegy runs all checks through a "computerized system" that uses certain "patterns" to either approve/decline checks. Even though they had no negative information on me, my check "fits one of the patterns as possibly a fraudulent/bad check." I was so embarassed and was completely inconvenienced. I ended up with no lunch and was late to work. I feel if you have a good credit history and no history of writing bad checks, a company like Certegy should not decline you. I also feel that Value Center Market should be aware that Certegy is directly responsible for them losing a long time customer. I can't shop at a place where I'm never sure when/if a "good" check I write won't be honored, even though my credit is good. It's not fair to me, and I won't be shopping at Value Center Market in Warren, MI anymore!
Na
  9th of Jun, 2009
I don't like this company at all. I need more information about the CEO, President, etc. at Certegy.

I paid a insufficent check the 2nd week that the check was returned . Check fax reported to Certegy that balance was paid in full on December 30, 2008. I called Checkfax every month and they told me the same thing. I requested that checkfax resend the information to Certegy to clear my name, and letter from Checkfax explaining they have cleared the check. Check fax resubmitted in April 28, 2009 for the second time. I contacted Certegy they haven't received anything. This has now been going on for 6 months straight! I need to contact the someone other than a manager. Does anyone have additional information or contact other than the general numbers.
Fr
  1st of Aug, 2009
I live in Bowling Green, Ky and went to by my children shoes at finish line. I have bought all thier shoes from this store for th last 4 years and usually use my debt card. This one time I could't find my card so I wrote a check. To my astonishment it was turned down for a Code 2/ which states on the paper I was given: although no unpaid chesck information is on file, certegy did not have sufficent information to approve this trasaction. I was so embarrassed, their was a line of people behind me when this employee announced that they couldnt take my check. I had plenty of money in my account to cover this check and I would like to know why I have to fill out a 4-5 page questionare from this company so they can approve for a company to take my check. I am glad to know that in the difficult time that our economy is in that certain companies can afford to have a company like Certegy representing them on who they should take a check from. Maybe these companies need to invest in another check service.

FISGlobal.com / Certegy Logo FISGlobal.com / Certegy