CenturyLink / slow internet in rural area (peyton, co)
We live in about 15 miles from Colorado Springs CO, in a small town called Peyton. The problem is that CenturyLink only offers 1.5mb internet here. I have called them many times, getting a variety of answers. One time they said that an upgrade was in the works, but the other 6-7 times that I have called they said that nothing is planned (just calling CenturyLink is an adventure - long hold times, dropped calls, snotty people).
I know that other in my development have the same issue - there are about 70-80 households (upscale houses) that have the same issue.
I have a friend who lives about 5 miles east of here in Black Forest CO, who has 25mb internet with CenturyLink.
What can we do? There are no other options except satellite internet, which in my experience is ... glacial. The local cable TV company isn't out here (and probably won't be because of the "lot size").
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - internet service, customer service
- CenturyLink - customer service
- CenturyLink - internet service is being throttled down and even at times no service at times and when I call centurylink they say they dont do that.
- CenturyLink - tv and internet service
- CenturyLink - internet service infrastructure in iowa city