Century Link / fraudulant charges

1 Mckenzie, AL, United States Review updated:

Century Link has the Monopoly on us as they are the only Telephone service Provider we have here. They are crooks, pure and simple. I am looking into how to file a complaint on them to the Feds if possible.
We started with the "package plan" This plan was supposed to include unlimited long distance, caller id, etc.. for a FLAT rate of 49.00 a month. NOPE. But that's not the end of it. We were behind on a payment so they cut off our long distance to where we couldn't call out. That was fine with us, but when we paid the bill, they put the long distance back on, to tell us later we were charged for the calls. NO ONE TOLD US WE WERE BEING CHARGED FOR THE CALLS AND THEY ADMITTED TO US NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY CONTACTED US TO TELL US. SO now we are trying to CATCH up on their MISTAKE OR MAYBE NOT MISTAKE AS THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Comments

• Ce
      19th of Feb, 2010

Sorry to read about the trouble you've had with CenturyLink. I'll be more than happy to help out. I've helped many others here on Complaintsboard.com as well. Can you email me your account information and details on the issue? My email is Joey@CenturyLink.com. I'll be glad to see what I can do for you.

Thanks,

Joey H.
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    Reachout@CenturyLink.com

• Dr
      19th of Mar, 2010

Had $10 phone service/rep called me to see if I wanted the internet for $15 month-sounded good since I was paying $30 with Cox agreed to switch/asked me if I wanted long distance or toll on phone-I told her no the phone is for 911 purposes only & is used by kids only/she said I wouldnt have a contract since I had my own equipment from a previous home/The bill came to over $90 month. I called since my math estimated $25 month total for both/said best they could offer me was 20monthly internet & 10 phone would credit for their mistake/no credits & was not true they still charged "additional internet access" charges of $20 month on top of the $20 a month/Jared said he was "the highest supervisor there was" user ID 93Y and said "your now under contract so take it or leave it""there will be an ETF for cancelling even though I never agreed to a contract. He said I agreed by using the internet & that "I should have known" BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AS THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN CUSTOMER CARE & TREATED ME AS IF I WERE AT FAULT FOR SLAMMING & CRAMMING & NOT PROVIDING THE CORRECT INFORMATION TO THEIR CUSTOMER

• Mi
      30th of Oct, 2010

Totally Agree How does a $30 internet package end up costing me $100 a month??? I originally signed up for internet thru Centurytel and now they have switched there name to CenturyLink. I work odd hours and usually go thru my bills on the weekend, Well suddenly I call to have them remove all their BS hidden fees (as I do almost every month) and I get a recording saying call back Monday-Friday 8am-6:30pm Seriously...An Internet Service provider that doesnt have customer service available 24/7. So yes I am looking for a new company that has a better Customer Service Department.

• Ce
      1st of Nov, 2010

Mindy,

I'm sorry to read about the trouble you've had with our company. Our Customer Outreach Team would be happy to help out. Can you email us your name, account information and any other helpful details on the issue? Our email is Reachout@CenturyLink.com.

Thanks,

Joey H.
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    Joey@CenturyLink.com

• Da
      15th of Aug, 2011

in my area centurylink charges $40/mo for 10mbps download speeds, pretty reasonable. this, of course, changes if you're a business. even if you're a very, very small business. for the same stinking thing ONLY MUCH SLOWER 1.5mbps download, they charge $105/mo if you're a business. this is in a building where everything is already set up, and they're the only provider of internet. so they don't have to show up and connect anything, they just have to tell a computer to open that port. JUST FOR A BUSINESS TO ACCEPT CC/DEBIT PAYMENTS. THAT'S CALLED A MONOPOLY AND IT'S HORSE$hat. i'd rather buy a friggin ipad with a 3g data plan than give these aholes any money.

• Te
      21st of Jul, 2017

Century Link is a crock...Highly would not recommend they promise the sun, moon and stars at a low steady price guaranteed for 5 years. Then when the bill comes out a very HIGH UNSTEADY PRICE. Sure you can call and invest at least an hour of your time to get it fixed, and they swear it's fixed...until the next bill comes out! Back to square one. Three solid months with at least an hour invested each month and talking to supervisors to get it fixed. Then finally, peace for about six months...until the coupon codes expire out. What happened to the 5yr guarantee? So back to square one again. So frustrating! My fiance's phone same thing with the prices guaranteed till the bill comes out ...difference is he doesn't call to complain. He just pays. So I call for him years down the road after we get married and they say, oh we will fix it and by the way you can have a life time guarantee for whatever price if you sign up for this NEW SERVICE. OH PLEASE! REALLY! NOT IN MY LIFE TIME...CROOKS! Anyway So this time the bill does change to give us the discounted price along with other charges that we don't understand...Further, if you look up "Bill Detail Explanation" to understand it doesn't even list the same stuff that is on our bill. So you can't even figure out what charges the bill is referencing. Further, he sends a check in 5 days in advance of the due date, like all the other bills, OH sure you can guess LATE CHARGES. HMMMM... all the other utilities receive and process it in time. REALLY how long should it take to process it. Shouldn't go by date it was stamped on the envelope to see if it should have been on time! So end result in the billing that I called about reflects: reduced rate, with extra charges I don't understand with a whopping $7 late charge and we have the same exact amount or in the same range of amount on our bill as before... So the new name for this company should be "LOOPHOLE LEWY!" Highly would not recommend this Company. Also they have a monopoly on land lines...I thought monopolies are supposed to be illegal. Frustrated in Las Vegas, NV.