[Resolved] Century Link / stop calling my phone

United States Review updated:

Everyday [protected] has called my number, it rings once and then hangs up. Every time it does this I get charged one minute. I finally got tired of it and called the number back today. Its Century link, I waited on hold for 5 minutes to tell them to stop calling my number and then hung up because now they have have waisted 5 more minutes + one minute for each time they call me cell. So Please stop calling my phone...I don't have anything to do with century link and never heard of it and dont want to hear of it. Ugh its frustrating.

• Resolution statement

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Mar 12, 2013

Hey Srs60, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'll be happy to look into this billing issues for you. Send me your information through our online webform if you would like further assistance with this: http://bit.ly/IArNlt

Thanks,
    B
    CenturyLink Help Team

Comments

• Ce
      9th of Feb, 2010

nono,

Sorry you're having trouble. If you send me details to [protected]@CenturyLink.com I can get in touch with my marketing group and have them remove your information from our database. I've been helping customers on ComplaintsBoard.com for a while and would love to help you also.

Thanks,

Joey H.
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    [protected]@CenturyLink.com
    twitter.com/CenturyLinkJoey
    facebook.com/CenturyLinkJoey

• Cu
      28th of Feb, 2010

I am a CenturyLink customer. We have had their phone service for about 8 years but have recently also added their high speed internet service. Since this time, we have had two calls from different people who claim that someone from our number is calling their number repeatedly. Both times have occurred just as we are arriving home. I called CenturyLink the first time to see if they could tell what calls were made from here. They said they could not unless they were long distance calls. I don't believe anyone here is making the calls but I don't know how it is possible for this to be happening. I wish CenturyLink could be of more help. If it does not stop, we will be forced to change our service. I don't want that to happen.

• Ph
      22nd of Apr, 2010

Change your service it only gets worse.

• Or
      26th of Nov, 2010

Century Link, is making millions of Dollars charging customers for telephone calls that they themselves make on their customers numbers. I had the same problem with Sprint a few years ago, they claimed it was a switch problem, after an investigation it was found that our business never made the calls, and the Florida State Utilities Commission made Sprint pay our company back for all the calls on the bill, and it amounted to hundreds of dollars over a 4 year period. Century Link has also been charging their customers $12.00 to disconnect from their service, and this is wrong, and those that have been charges will get their money back if they call and complain to Century Links customer service at 1-800-788-3500. If there is an attorney out there that would like to file a class action law suite on a contingent bases against Century Link for this fraudulent $12.00 charge, please email me at [protected]@comcast.net.

Thank you.

• Sr
      6th of Feb, 2013

Every time I pick up from this number, no one answers. I get calls from them at least once a week. It only started after I discontinued my service with them. I discontinued my service with century link after they didn't disconnect my service after told them to when I moved, they said that it was my fault because I didn't "remind" them to disconnect it. They tried to send me to collections over a 3 month bill after I disconnected. This is by far the worst company ever.